new camera

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
... I wonder if this is only due to the fact that I am down with some sort of flu/cold, but I really feel like I want to buy some new gear.

I am not a gear addict, and haven't won in any lottery, and I do not really need anything new, but I really want it! A new lens, an new tripod, or even better, a new camera :mrgreen:

Anyone else ever experienced similar emotional imbalances?
;)

What can I do about it? Any way to prevent wasting money?

Even though I do not consider this a serious try to help me in my misery, thank you, penguin :)

Uh, okay, how about a pair of shoes, or something frilly instead?? Just trying to help.

Uh, okay, how about a pair of shoes, or something frilly instead?? Just trying to help.

hmm. shoes, of course this comes from a woman ;)

not high-tech enough I am afraid ...

There's medication for that.:lol:

Actually Im having a similar feeling, but the difference is that I am about to come into a fair sum of money, and I have come up with a grocery list of gear that I want: Canon 40d, 24-70L, 70-200 2.8L, New tripod head flash, etc.. I know I dont need it all, but I want it! anther part of me says that for that amount, I cold pay a sizable amount of my tuition, or I could make some investments...but the other part of me says, L glass IS an investment.:lol:

There's medication for that.:lol:
[...] but the other part of me says, L glass IS an investment.:lol:

Well, my problem is, as far as Canon is concerned, I do use several L-toys and an overpriced 35mm-sensor camera already ;)

So topping this would be really expensive ;)

yeah, got the same thing.....i really want a 105macro, not that i really need it now. But i just want it..................cant seem to find the money for it though. But my birthday is coming up and so is Sinterklaas (something like santa clause, but he comes earlier muahaha). So maaaybe i can buy it before the year ends :)

But my birthday is coming up and so is Sinterklaas (something like santa clause, but he comes earlier muahaha). So maaaybe i can buy it before the year ends :)

So that is like Sankt Nikolaus (December 6)?

He won't bring any gear for me ;)

being a total manic depressive I'm always buying gear I don't need in an attempt to cheer me self up, one reason why when at the end of each month when I get paid I have to give most of it back to work :lol:

But hey you should see my nice new Gitzo series 3 carbon legs :lmao:

yeah excactly, except we celebrate it at december 5th, guess he goes the east after that :)
And most likely he wont by me gear, but other stuff that i dont have to buy then and spend the money on the lens then........got it all figured out, really im smart.

being a total manic depressive I'm always buying gear I don't need in an attempt to cheer me self up, one reason why when at the end of each month when I get paid I have to give most of it back to work :lol:

Well, it certainly cheers up ;) .. if it wasn't for the money afterwards ...

But hey you should see my nice new Gitzo series 3 carbon legs :lmao:

shut up! *******! You are not really helping here! ;)

yeah excactly, except we celebrate it at december 5th, guess he goes the east after that :)

well, he actually comes overnight from december 5 to 6. So he must hurry through your country ;)

And most likely he wont by me gear, but other stuff that i dont have to buy then and spend the money on the lens then........got it all figured out, really im smart.

You are as cunning as a fox! ;)

Ah... I've been there my friend... Here's my story maybe you can learn from it...

I bought a lot of new good lenses and equipments for my D200, primes or zooms Nikkor, gitzo tripod and monopod, flash, all good expensive stuff... Until I realized I spent a lot of money just for a hobby, No, I have to stop now!!!
But, it's really hard to stop buying camera equipments just like that...

Then, I came with this BRILLIANT IDEA... Instead of buying new expensive equipment, I bought used equipments and cheaper stuffs... Well, I manage to stop buying new top end Lenses and Camera but...
I end up buying a used F3/T (Hey, it's a mint condition camera), a new Velbon tripod (smaller and cheaper than my Gitzo), 3 used nikkor manual focus lenses (great condition and looks great on F3 :mrgreen:), a new Sandisk CF, 2 new Crumpler bags (different look compare to my Lowepro) and some Filters... the worst was a mint condition M6T (It's not new - that's my justify :grumpy:)

Am I cured? I'm afraid not, I'm getting worse... Now, I still want a new lens and a new camera... as well as hunting for a nice used lens and a nice used camera... :guilty:

Am not helping, am I? :er:

I think this was no great help ;) ... but good to be not alone at least :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back