New Canon 30d and 5d (auth dealer) BNIB

Discussion in 'Buy and Sell' started by dirtrider, Dec 8, 2006.

1. dirtrider

dirtrider TPF Noob!

I have a brand new in box canon 30d and 5d from dell.com. Dell is an authorized dealer of canon products and that is vital if you want a valid warranty.

I was going to keep them both using the 30d as a backup and 5d as primary but decided to sell for financial reasons. I got them last week, took the 5d out of the box, did exactly 50 clicks to check how things looked. It was great as expected and I looked forward to using the camera but can't keep it now. The 30d has to go too and that has 0 clicks and was never out of the box.

5D - $2400 shipped/paypal'd
    30D - $975 shipped/paypal'd

Ebay and paypal member for 5 yrs with excellent feedback. More references available as well...

2. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This is not meant to insult this person at all. I just wonder why when these offers come up it is from people who have never been on this site before. Sounds an awful lot like spam to me. But then I don't know this man at all.

3. darich

darich TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm with you. Mystery.
    Great boasts of credibility but no real evidence. No mention of Ebay ID to allow potentinal buyers to check.

I'd steer well clear....but then I've already got a 5D!!!
    :)

4. dirtrider

dirtrider TPF Noob!

Conspiracy theorists unite huh. I don't put my info on the site for everyone and their mother to see. Anyone who is legitimately interested will find that I have more than enough references on ebay and another very well known photography forum which I have done many sales and purchases on. Does it really influence you for the better if I posted here a few times first? It is far more relevant that I have many good references regarding transactions.

If you are interested please do not let people with way too much time on their hands prevent you from contacting me. I purchased from an authorized dealer and am an upright seller. I certainly agree that it is prudent to confirm this and I can prove both.

5. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    if you are experienced on forums you must understand that someone appearing on a forum first time and trying to sell something is approached with sceptizism for good reason.

I am not saying that you are evil or not trustworthy or anything (as I cannot judge this). I only say that the reactions seen here are normal and understandable.

6. dirtrider

dirtrider TPF Noob!

I agree and I always approach online purchases with careful consideration myself. As I said...I am happy to substantial my claims to any interested buyer but don't need to prove myself to everyone on the forum and post personal info here.
    I didn't desire to be hostile with my message so sorry if it came across that way. Not every post from a new member is illegitimate. My prices are good but not anywhere out of the ballpark. Nothing too good to be true here. Thanks for looking out for your fellow forum members.

7. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ok, all said then :)

and don't wast more time on me, as I am a (happy) 5D user already ;)

8. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    dirtrider, you've dug yourself a hole. i know i wouldn't buy from you, now having put down your potential buyers as people with to much time on their hands.

while alex won't buy because he already has a 5d, i won't buy b/c i think your rude, cocky and have a big mouth.

9. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Since I started this let me say as I said at first, it wasn't meant as an insult.

However it does seem that most of the people who come here just to sell things just come once. I'm sure plenty of them are ligitimate but ebay is a good place to sell something this far under others of the same type. I checked there by the way and your price seems to be below the buy in now prices there. I should think you could sell it at this price in a minute there.

Again no offense intended personally. (I thought I said that the first time).. by the way I am one of those people with too much time on my hands..... So sue me.

Oh Yeah... my ebay dealer id is retrophotoservice please feel free to look me up....

10. Orgnoi1

Orgnoi1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Personally I am going to say that I think that the people that jumped all over this sellers thread are at fault. I do MANY transactions from sellers and buyers on FM and used to on eBay... not all of them have had billion of posts... I would just advise any buyers to use Caveat emptor and have conversations with the seller if you are interested... I mean come on... everyone here was a new member somewhere at sometime... show some courtesy and professionalism...

And to the seller... you SHOULD put your eBay ID so people can actively research it prior to contacting you... as well as post pics of the cameras with your screenname and date in it... its an easy way to let people see that you are serious about selling.

11. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    While I don't find that the 1st post by dirtrider sounding like spam, I understand the reluctance of others in taking that post seriously. Usually, people who post the very first post in the Buy and Sell, are 99% spammers. We all have seen our share of such spammers. With that in mind, I woudl really recommend to any new member to post often and most of all, introduce themselves before posting in the Buy and Sell.

Perhaps an admin can regulate that, say after 20 non-spam posts, one earns the right to post in the Buy and Sell. Am I being too drastic?

Just my $0.02...

12. newrmdmike

newrmdmike TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    not too drastic. While this forum does have a buy and sell section, if the admins let a bunch of one-timers come in here and advertise (which i guess is fine, but seems kind of shady to me, and takes away from the idea of a photo community) then how long will it be until they are posting their little free ads in the portrait galleries, etc.