New Canon 5D... are you ready?

What a tease! I'm dying for that camera to come out. I hope the price point is not too high.

What a tease! I'm dying for that camera to come out. I hope the price point is not too high.
Canon's history is to release the new models at the same initial price of the previous model...and often lower. So whatever the price of the 5D was, when it was new...that's where I would expect the new one to fall.

Canon's history is to release the new models at the same initial price of the previous model...and often lower. So whatever the price of the 5D was, when it was new...that's where I would expect the new one to fall.

what a thrill! Too bad I blew my money on alienbees...

I'm thrilled to see there's no breakable built-in flash... we can tell that much at least!

I guess you'd put those in the "not giving much away" category...

I'm with Tony and have the credit card at the ready

Does this mean we won't have to see any more threads on this? Excellent.

So what will this mean for production of the current 5D? Will Canon dump them immediately or will it take some time for them to make the switch. I've been seriously considering a 5D. Do I need to move quickly?

Brian

You probably don't need to worry. The 30D is still around and has already been "replaced" by two newer cameras, the 40D and now 50D.

So what will this mean for production of the current 5D? Will Canon dump them immediately or will it take some time for them to make the switch. I've been seriously considering a 5D. Do I need to move quickly?
Production had probably long since ceased...but there are probably quite a few left in the distribution chain. If you want a new one, that is probably not a problem. If you want a used one, there will probably be a lot of people selling theirs, to get the new one.

Where's the mode knob?!

Where's the mode knob?!

probably fallen off, but dont worry it will be fixed in the first firmware update :lol:

shame the US site shows that ugly 4 button layout next to the top LCD but on the UK site it doesn't show the buttons

Most reactions

New Topics

Back