NEW Canon 80D

T6s has the new 24mp sensor. A little better than the previous 18mpx that was used for years. Sorry, probably didn't word that right.

T6s has the new 24mp sensor. A little better than the previous 18mpx that was used for years. Sorry, probably didn't word that right.

I understood what you said, I know about all the newer sensors, I'm just commenting on how bad the 18mpix is.
70D is better then T6s says DXOMark, if only a bit tho.

So from what I have been reading so far on this thread, many of you would not recommend me buying the 80D over 70D especially if I am tight on budget? And it's not worth purchasing the newest technology as 70D would do great of a video work as the 80D?

The 80D will be better no argument there.

However at launch the 80D will have a high price, inflated over its expected market position. Furthermore if you're limited on budget there is a lot more to get other than the camera to get a good video setup (esp for DSLR video). AS such a very capable body like the 70D is an ideal option as it will get a lower price as the 80D hits the market; furthermore its only a generation back so it won't be a night and day difference between the two.

So from what I have been reading so far on this thread, many of you would not recommend me buying the 80D over 70D especially if I am tight on budget? And it's not worth purchasing the newest technology as 70D would do great of a video work as the 80D?

Honestly if it were me? I'd wait until after the 80d was released.

Then check ebay for all the used 70d listings at drastically reduced prices.

The only way I'd skip the 80D was if I already owned the 70D.

If you really want full frame get the refurbished 6D

If you really want full frame get the refurbished 6D

No, I don't want full frame. In fact I am actually selling my 6D.

The only way I'd skip the 80D was if I already owned the 70D.

Hmm... I don't own 70D yet... so I guess I will wait for a kit price to go down a bit for 80D then...!! MORE WAITING!

The only thing that would get me to consider 80D rather then 7D markII is better high ISO performance, and I'm not
holding my breath since they went up in megapixel count which usually makes the high ISO performance worse
(all other things being equal).

The 750D/760D (T6i/T6s) use a 24mpix sensor and while it's better in low light then previous 18mpix rebels (and 60D/7D),
70D is still better then all of them, and 7D markII is better then all of them once again.

Looks like the canon 80D did improve on the low ISO. However, I am not sure how it still compares to 7D Mark II though.

Showing dynamism: EOS 80D breaks new ground for Canon low ISO DR

Ohhh that's looking very fancy!
Be neat to see what other tests show! Makes me excited for a 7DMIII!

The only thing that would get me to consider 80D rather then 7D markII is better high ISO performance, and I'm not
holding my breath since they went up in megapixel count which usually makes the high ISO performance worse
(all other things being equal).

The 750D/760D (T6i/T6s) use a 24mpix sensor and while it's better in low light then previous 18mpix rebels (and 60D/7D),
70D is still better then all of them, and 7D markII is better then all of them once again.

Looks like the canon 80D did improve on the low ISO. However, I am not sure how it still compares to 7D Mark II though.

Showing dynamism: EOS 80D breaks new ground for Canon low ISO DR

Oh boy. I had the nerve to read through the comments. OMG, why do I do that??? Well, because I no longer watch the Kardashians or The Bachelor or Real & Chance or Flava Flav......

EOS 80D 70D 6D Nikon D7200 Comparison.jpg

Yeah...I went there and made a screen capture of the models they suggested comparing...

Progress, but still lagging way behind.

Id say whilst not at sony sensor level its still a significant gain. Plus it appears to be on the right track so suggests canon might well catch up.

Oh boy. I had the nerve to read through the comments. OMG, why do I do that??? Well, because I no longer watch the Kardashians or The Bachelor or Real & Chance or Flava Flav......

I have to admit, I miss Flava. Not many people I know can pull off the alarm clock on a chain around your neck look. Gotta give the guy props for that if nothing else.

I congratulate Canon for finally keeping up with Sony/Nikon.

Yeah...I went there and made a screen capture of the models they suggested comparing...

Progress, but still lagging way behind.
Oh come on, dont be a spoilsport. I dont use DxOMark anymore, but according to them, when it comes to dynamic range, the D7200 is beating even my trusty D750, and getting very close to the leading D810.

If Canon can offer this kind of performance in all their new cameras, they're back into the game.

Most reactions

Back