New canon camera

solrac8126

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i look on a regular basis about the successor of the 5D since i really love that camera...

there is some "confirmed" info here

i wish i could have the 7d (which i'll like as a name) some day

anyways i just wanted to share with you the info....

Sounds good. I'm pleased to hear about the weather-sealing.

I'm mostly interested in the range of the sensor. Now, THAT seems interesting.

Seems like it might encroach on the 1Ds, but I won't complain. If it has the 'same weather sealing as in 1Ds MK III', does that mean it has a vertical grip built in like the 1Ds MK III? Either way, with 6fps, full frame, and High ISO capability this is something I'll put a deposit on today.

sounds nice.

i wonder what nikon's response will be.

Seems like it might encroach on the 1Ds, but I won't complain. If it has the 'same weather sealing as in 1Ds MK III', does that mean it has a vertical grip built in like the 1Ds MK III? Either way, with 6fps, full frame, and High ISO capability this is something I'll put a deposit on today.

it may not have the vertical grip built in but i'll get it anyways hehe

i'll love to have a 100% viewfinder

Well, let us face it, there have been many so-called informations leaks at Canon and Nikon over the last years ;) None of them really did prove to be genuine in the end ;)

it may not have the vertical grip built in but i'll get it anyways hehe

i'll love to have a 100% viewfinder

Now, the 5D not having that bulky vertical grip, was actually one of the reasons for me to decide for that camera ;)

how is this confirmed?

Well, let us face it, there have been many so-called informations leaks at Canon and Nikon over the last years ;) None of them really did prove to be genuine in the end ;)

you're right about that, but at least there is hope!

A guy from canon on this video a couple of months ago (@ pma's)said the 5d had no direct competitor so they didn't plan to have a successor , which made me sad, since the 5d it's kinda old, and i like it but there are some things that I'll like to have or change, if i have the chance to buy it.
The other thing is that i don't want to buy the 5d and a couple of months after read some info about the 7d is out!
hehe that's i guess more scary.

Until you hear it from the horse's mouth, keep holding your breathe. IMO, Canon does have to do something SOON to counter the Nikon D3 & D300. Let the nuclear...uuuhhh...camera proliferation begin. :mrgreen: Seems the way it has been so far. D60 than XSi, 40D than D300, Mark III than D3, etc, etc.

(the following statement in is regards to the spec sheet, this is assuming it's true although it may be well off)

It looks like Canon may be selling the 5D as a slightly downgraded 1DS MK III in order to combat the Nikon D3, it's like paying for a 5D, and getting a 1Ds Mk II with live view and INSANE ISO range all because Canon has to stay in the game, the brand wars pass the savings directly to us!

On the internet?!?! I consider it confirmed when the camera is for sale at B&H, and reviewed on DP Review.

Yeah. Before the 40D came out, there were gobs of these...all saying the amazing specs of the 40D. I don't know of any that were actually accurate.

ISO 12800 C.Fn to 25600? That's nuts. If this is true, and the 128000 is as good as my 40D's 1600...then that would be a selling point for me.

Most reactions

Back