New car?

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently i've noted that the clio that I share with my sister is seeing a lot more use in Kent by her than it is in London by me, so I've been thinking about trying to get hold of a car for myself. Now I'm quite the fan of anything a bit funky, and I have found something that is affordable, cool and road tax exempt in the UK.

http://www.motorimania.net/manifestazioni/sportive/triumph/images/Triumph.Spitfire.MkIII.1.jpg

A triumph Spitfire, what do we think? Can anyone envision Scurra going around in one of those?

hellyes.

ive seen plenty of spitfires in my limited years, very nice car!

:thumbsup: I like it!

Very cool! :) Are you handy under the hood? A guy I knew who had one seemed to constantly be tinkering with it, just a bunch of minor stuff, I think.

But they look great. :thumbup:

Hmmm... two minds here. They're simple little cars and that's about it. Not at all funky or unique because there are hundreds of them all over the place. That's just me talking. If it's what you want, go for it. Just don't think you'll get a good deal with a cheap one.

http://club.triumph.org.uk/
http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/links/links.htm

edit - Oh, and don't forget about the petrol. They needed leaded so you'll either have to buy the additive or get the engine seen to.

ferny said:
edit - Oh, and don't forget about the petrol. They needed leaded so you'll either have to buy the additive or get the engine seen to.

I'm going to look for one that has been converted to run on unleaded. And by affordable I meant cost less than a new car. have two friends that are both mechanics so with any luck i'll be able to find a decent one :)

Take a look at the site I posted. They've got a small bit on each type of Spitfire and a classified section.

Cool...excuse my ignorance, but do many people in the UK drive pick-ups or SUVs? Just wondering, because when I see a 'little' car like this in the states, it catches my attention. Not too many of them where I live, though the Mini Cooper has become quite popular.

MM

I'm pretty sure that there aren't many SUV's on the market in the UK.

Up until about 4-5 years ago the only thing was a landrover?

Chrysler has now penetrated the market with the jeeps and shiz though.

Realistically the roads just aren't big enough for big cars in Europe.

bace said:
Realistically the roads just aren't big enough for big cars in Europe.

That and your gas / petrol is REALLY expensive! Here everyone has been crying lately about how gas is getting up to $3 per gallon, and then on the news on TV last night when they were talking about how bad our prices are, they mentioned that gas is $6 per gallon in the UK. And Google's calculator seems to agree with their math. I don't see how you guys are able to afford to drive over there. Except for those super-cool smart cars. ;) They must be really efficient.
They also said on the news that it's 5 cents per gallon in Iraq :shock: Apparently the government subsidizes oil, so they can keep the costs down.

But anyway, to get back on topic, that looks like a cool car, Scurra. I would definately enjoy driving one of those.

buahahahah now when I know how you look like I think it is a great idea to buy it :D:D the car really suits you :D

Most reactions

Back