New Casio with Blazing speeds!

Zatodragon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zato-dragon.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondered if anyone else has seen or heard info on this camera. I'm very excited about it if it pulls threw!

http://world.casio.com/ngdc/en/

60 fps at full 6MP resolution! Plus video mode that can shoot at 300fps to do slo-cap.

And with 12x zoom and sensor-shift anti-shake, should be pretty interesting!

the images can't look that great if it shoots at 60fps.

I wouldn't take the word of an "official" site that has typos...
I'm not too interested in SLR-Styles anyway, but it would be good for those who are I'd imagine.

I see that being the only point and shoot I'd tip my hat to if that isn't a hoax. It actually looks useful. The 300FPS videos are actually what I like most about it.

whats "slr styles" ? i'm pretty sure its not a hoax, i saw it on either gizmodo, engadget or both, sounds interesting. does anyone know how a P&S can do that but not a DSLR?

whats "slr styles" ? i'm pretty sure its not a hoax, i saw it on either gizmodo, engadget or both, sounds interesting. does anyone know how a P&S can do that but not a DSLR?
the speed of a physical shutter? the ability to process super high quality? the larger sensor? the WYSIWYG viewfinder? the fact that the camera isn't optimized for one built in lens? I'm sure there are other reasons. Even if not I love my SLR system.

does a point and shoot have a physical shutter thoguh, or is it just electronically controlling the sensor? the processor thing sounds right, dont know if sensor size has much to do with it or not, i dont know what WYSIWYG means... and i dont know what the lens would have to do with it, but i agree with you, i love my SLR too!

does a point and shoot have a physical shutter thoguh, or is it just electronically controlling the sensor? the processor thing sounds right, dont know if sensor size has much to do with it or not, i dont know what WYSIWYG means... and i dont know what the lens would have to do with it, but i agree with you, i love my SLR too!
It's just electronic. The swing of the mirror in a DSLR prevents you from being able to take video. Point and shoots can take video while DSLRs can't because the sensor is always exposed, it's just a matter of how often it's sampled. In a DSLR, the viewfinder is blocked during exposure and the sensor is only sampled once. WYSIWYG stands for what you see is what you get.

that strange website is full of typos and even some strange grammar ;)

but it is linked from the original casio website ;)

Casio's P&S cameras are totally underrated. Personally, I'd prefer one of them to the Canon compact P&S or Nikon's compact P&S any day of the week. In fact, I think it'd be hard to outdo them until you go up to something like the Canon G series or the Leicas for at least 2x the money. I really love mine. The picture quality is outstanding.

I seriously doubt this is a hoax per se, but if the camera is in development right now (that's what it sounded like to me) then reality might be a little less captivating. Having said that, I would not be surprised if the camera isn't really cool when it's released. I'm actually holding out hope they go into the DSLR market.

It's just electronic. The swing of the mirror in a DSLR prevents you from being able to take video. Point and shoots can take video while DSLRs can't because the sensor is always exposed, it's just a matter of how often it's sampled. In a DSLR, the viewfinder is blocked during exposure and the sensor is only sampled once. WYSIWYG stands for what you see is what you get.

The technical shortcomings here are not relevant as to why DSLRs can't do video. While the mirror is flipped up for exposure you get live view (which is new to higher end DSLRs), and then you can sample the sensor like any other camera. Effectively while this is happening your digital SLR can act just like a P&S, displaying the image on screen while sampling the sensor.

One short coming is it couldn't sample the entire sensor. Just look at the sheer bandwidth required to sample 10mpx at even 5fps. Most compact P&S scale down their sensor resolution a LOT while doing video. The lack of a shutter also causes some additional quality loss in the final image.

There are P&S cameras with a shutter too. They are mainly used to prevent blooming artefacts caused by having the sensor exposed to light during readout and are found in higher end P&S camera.

Most reactions

Back