New chimney sweep

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So the other day I heard a hooting sound from the Dinning room - had a look about but couldn't see anything, so I naturally assumed it was a bird outside making a noise very close to the wall.

Few days later and my sister hears the same sound - then after a few hours convinced she was mad we had a further look and, in the flue pipe above the stove (that we have hardly ever used in that room) we found, trapped above the half-pipe cutoff - a full/near full grown tawny.

a while later and with one hand protected by the mighty yellow washing-up-glove and my dad manages to get its legs and tug it out to freedom (a tricky thing indeed).

15560154351_f24b777304_b.jpg

Despite being up there for a few days and also in a rather tight spot to pull out he came out without any injury.

15376214649_b15ab5eb1f_b.jpg

Taken outside into the pitch black darkness of night and he flew off strong and quick. Later we heard a cacophony of hoots from the garden - likely the other resident owls spotted this ones return!

Your dad has a pair!

Birds of prey give me the "hebegebe's".

Glad your dad was able to get him out safely and he was okay.

awwwwwwwwwwww

OH my gosh. So glad he was ok and you guys found him! (and why is it I can't find one single owl to photograph and you guys are finding them in your chimney!)

Many thank guys and gals!

Barb - I tend to only ever see them when in the car or out and about without a camera (they are on my "animals that have an in-built 6th sense for when a camera is close" list ;)).

Your dad has a pair!

Birds of prey give me the "hebegebe's".

I'm just surprised he used the washing-up-glove; which next to an owls talons I suspect wouldn't do much at all! Surprised he didn't use one of the work gloves but then they can be more stiff and hard to use in a tight spot.

The only thing we have had down our chimney is a starling!

Most reactions

Back