New D200 or used D200 or used D300?

well i chose the D300! I should pick it up tomorrow and i will let you know what i think. I will also be picking up another SB600 so i can play with creative lighting. I have pre-ordered the new 35mm 1.8 AF-s DX lens and i will probably keep it so my wife can have a good prime that will auto focus on the D60. Next on my list is a good set of primes looking for a 12/35/50mm all in the 1.4-2.0 range. Then many month/years later i will look into selling my car and getting a 400mm and a 600mm :lol:I am slowly starting to see this lens thing never stops.....

I think you made the right decision by going with the D300. You wont regret it.

I'm still trying to figure out how to have the body control my flash wirelessly. It's supposed to do that right with the sb600?

I'm still trying to figure out how to have the body control my flash wirelessly. It's supposed to do that right with the sb600?

Yep, it controls it via the on-camera flash, but it involves setting the proper slave setting on the camera AND on the flash. IE: read your manuals.

The flash thing was super easy! How to Use the New Nikon Strobes as Wireless Slaves

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]On your D300:[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Press MENU.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Move up or down to: PENCIL menu.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Move right and down to: e Bracketing/Flash[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Move right and down to: e3: Flash cntrl for Built-in Flash[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Move right and down to: C Commander Mode[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]On your SB600:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hold down ZOOM and "-" together to enter the CSM settings. That's why you see a gray "CSM" marking between those two buttons.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Press either the + or - buttons until you see an icon that looks like a wiggly Z-shaped arrow. This arrow refers to wireless communication between the flash and camera. When you see the wiggly arrow, press MODE to make it say ON.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Press ZOOM and "-" together to get out of the CSM mode. Even easier, just tap the power button to get back to normal operation. It won't turn off if you hit it while in the CSM settings.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Easy Peazy!
[/FONT]​

Most reactions

New Topics

Back