new digital camera

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by mkedre, Mar 11, 2005.

1. mkedre

mkedre TPF Noob!

Hi...I'm thinking about buying a new digital camera. Right now I have an Olympus Camedia D-510, 2.1MP. It's about 4 years old. I would like a camera with probably at least 5MP and small enough to slip in my pocket. I have a Canon SLR and I'm happy with both brands but am willing to buy another. Any suggestions?

2. Digital Matt

Digital Matt alter ego: Analog Matt

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey, I used to have that same camera :)

If you have a Canon slr, why not look at a Canon DSLR? If you don't want to spend $1000, you can look for a used Drebel or 10D, or even a used D60. If you are willing to buy new, check out the Digital Rebel XT, or the 20D.

www.dpreview.com

3. mkedre

mkedre TPF Noob!

I'm not really in the market for a DSLR right now, maybe in the future. Right now I just want a new digital to take along on vacations and possibly to just throw in my purse. Sometimes I take my SLR on trips (depending on how much luggage I have) but I always take my digital, just looking for something small and better!!

4. mkedre

mkedre TPF Noob!

I guess I should read other posts before posting a new thread. I didn't realize there were others of the same questions. =)

5. Alone2Gether

Alone2Gether TPF Noob!

Just received my Fujifilm F810 yesterday. It's not a pocket fitter but you should check it out.