New dSLR!

ferguson911

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Quick little story, i've been doing photoshoots for money since a few months with my panasonic fz-35 bridge camera, getting wonderful results!

I've gotten many contracts for the summer, and well I decided i need a new tool.

I ordered today a Nikon d5000 with 2 lenses 18-55VR & 55-200VR
I loved the simplicity and use of this camera on paper! I will be receiving it next wednesday.

anyone have experience with this specific camera?

Is this a serious question? If the camera was made by Nikon or Canon in the last 10 years at least 3 people have had experience with it.

I am sure hundreds have, but I shoot Canon. I hope you went somewhere and at least held the camera.

yeah, you really should have checked it out in person. How something seems on paper is totally different when it comes down to using it. But to answer your question i have used the D5000 and it's pretty nice. It has the same quality as the D90 and D300/D300s. Just make sure you become familiar with the workings of a dslr. You'll get it after playing with it for a while.

I'm sure you'll like it. I don't particularly agree with the others...you held a similar one then you got a feel for Nikon's build and hopefully general size (if you didn't test a D700). I have a D5000 coming on Tuesday and I too have never held a D5000.

Congrats on the new purchase. You might check the manual at Nikon USA, you can download it and start reading it before the camera comes :)

Also, there is probably several videos on YouTube with folks showing the settings and stuff.

Enjoy!

Congrats on the new purchase. You might check the manual at Nikon USA, you can download it and start reading it before the camera comes :)

Also, there is probably several videos on YouTube with folks showing the settings and stuff.

Enjoy!

Thanks

well i live in a region far from camera stores....... so I could not try the exact model.

What accesories should i be thinking about getting, i heard the battery grip is a must! extra batteries, and lens wise ??

Most reactions

Back