New England Coast, C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by TiCoyote, Nov 26, 2009.

1. TiCoyote

TiCoyote TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's amazing what light can do. Personally, I think that the sky looks a little too white around the face on #1. The shapes of the rocks and the waves set up a nice balance in #2, but the sky is still bright above the water. In #3 the light is very dramatic, but the balance seems off, and the flat horizon with no real breaks is somewhat stagnant. Let me know what you think.

2. inkybutton

inkybutton TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I think high contrast pictures (such as #1) look better in black and white, since it makes colours add distraction. Trimming off the rocks at the bottom also eliminate the dark colours there.
    [​IMG]
    #3 also looks better in B&W, I think:
    [​IMG]
    Pretty good pictures i'd reckon. Some might say that #1 is badly exposed. Technically it is, since features on the face of the subject can't be seen because the sensor in your camera wasn't exposed to enough light. But artistically it's a nice contrast against the bright background that, with the line the horizon creates, leads the viewer's eyes to the subject. Keep shooting!
    EDIT: sorry I kinda assumed that you're new to the technical stuff. I didn't see that you have like 182 posts so sorry :p