New entry in the Raw Editing Market.

Hard to tell. I use Capture One Pro. Bit more expensive than LR but better tools, more control and no subscription.

I have a hard time imagining this being 2 1/2 times as good as Lightroom - and like Banana-breath, I'm not a fan of subscriptionware at the best of times. Filed under 'Non-starter'.

Something tells me your getting the look for that last one.
Banana Breath.jpg

Hard to tell. I use Capture One Pro. Bit more expensive than LR but better tools, more control and no subscription.

I don't use lightroom, never could get the hang of it.. I like putting my files where I like putting them, hate this idea that they are buried deep in some subdirectory somewhere forcing me to open LR first to send it to any other program, etc, etc...

So I do use photoshop a lot, didn't even install lightroom.

Reactions: oxo
My photoshop goes unused pretty much these days. Mac user so my two goto programs are as stated Capture One Pro and Affinity Photo.

I don't use lightroom, never could get the hang of it.. I like putting my files where I like putting them, hate this idea that they are buried deep in some subdirectory somewhere forcing me to open LR first to send it to any other program, etc, etc...

I put my photos where I want them to - just copy from the card and dump them in a folder. I then select one and open it in lightroom - it imports them on the import window (I pick or just select all) and then it builds a catalogue which is just a data store for the files that tell it what to apply to each RAW and also an internal archive of where the photo is and what categories its in etc...

I don't use lightroom to import from my memorycards - I'm sure it can do it but I keep control over that aspect.

I put my photos where I want them to - just copy from the card and dump them in a folder. I then select one and open it in lightroom - it imports them on the import window (I pick or just select all) and then it builds a catalogue which is just a data store for the files that tell it what to apply to each RAW and also an internal archive of where the photo is and what categories its in etc...

I don't use lightroom to import from my memorycards - I'm sure it can do it but I keep control over that aspect.
This is exactly what I do too. All my pictures are in folders on my external, transferred directly there from the memory card.

They pretty much lost me at the $150 a year subscription price. Wasn't that big a fan of paying adobe for a subscription to begin with to be honest, very doubtful I'd sign up for another even if it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm guessing they are not aiming this thing at the hobbiest market such as myself.

From their FAQ: "Photo RAW will never require a subscription and will be available for purchase by itself later this year."

This thing is still 6 months out -- they're still coding it -- Yawn, check back in October.

Joe

I'm intrigued. I use an embarrassing array of photo software already:

PSE14
DXO Optic Pro 10
Nikon Capture NX-D

The RAW converter in elements is super spartan. I would look at this new option, especially on a try-before-you-buy basis.

PSE14
DXO Optic Pro 10
Nikon Capture NX-D

The RAW converter in elements is super spartan. I would look at this new option, especially on a try-before-you-buy basis.

You have DX0 10. The odds the folks at ON1 will produce anything even 1/2 as good are pretty bleepin' slim.

Joe

PSE14
DXO Optic Pro 10
Nikon Capture NX-D

You have DX0 10. The odds the folks at ON1 will produce anything even 1/2 as good are pretty bleepin' slim.

Joe
It's really nice, true. ESPECIALLY the noise reduction of raw files- outstanding.

I understand if folks dont like lightroom, but I tell it exactly where to import to. Just like I would if I didn't use it. I must be missing something.

Most reactions

Back