New Family photos C&C

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by caroldeandaphoto, Nov 15, 2009.

1. caroldeandaphoto

caroldeandaphoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here is a shoot I did this weekend...let me know what you think...also especially for the floor one...do you think photos like that would look better if everything was straight or like it is now kinda slanted...i kinda like the slant but is it distracting?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kegger

Kegger TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Not a huge fan of all the blown out highlights. You lose far too much in an image when it's nothing but white. And on the last one, some fill flash would have worked great for this one to illuminate the baby, rather than have him in the dark.

All of them are soft. Try stopping down to f/4 and see if that helps. As well as work on some of your PP, USM is almost mandatory for eyes. You have to get them tack sharp to stand out from the photo, as that is where the focus is meant to be.

Here's an edit to show you what I mean, curves, levels, and some minor cropping.

[​IMG]

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  3. FarrahJ

FarrahJ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Great job! =) The first one looks a little soft to me and the one on the floor would look MUCH better straight on. You have very distinct leading lines here that go right through the kid's head and the slanting makes it more distracting....make it straight and people will ignore it and just focus on the baby.