New Family photos C&C

caroldeandaphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a shoot I did this weekend...let me know what you think...also especially for the floor one...do you think photos like that would look better if everything was straight or like it is now kinda slanted...i kinda like the slant but is it distracting?

0109.jpg

0044.jpg

0073.jpg

0037.jpg

0072.jpg

Not a huge fan of all the blown out highlights. You lose far too much in an image when it's nothing but white. And on the last one, some fill flash would have worked great for this one to illuminate the baby, rather than have him in the dark.

All of them are soft. Try stopping down to f/4 and see if that helps. As well as work on some of your PP, USM is almost mandatory for eyes. You have to get them tack sharp to stand out from the photo, as that is where the focus is meant to be.

Here's an edit to show you what I mean, curves, levels, and some minor cropping.

baby.jpg

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Great job! =) The first one looks a little soft to me and the one on the floor would look MUCH better straight on. You have very distinct leading lines here that go right through the kid's head and the slanting makes it more distracting....make it straight and people will ignore it and just focus on the baby.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back