New Flowers

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got lots of new flower shots lately. Here's a few that I've worked on. Not sure what happened with the white one? The edges are out of focus, but I don't think it's the dof. Maybe it is cause the center is crystal clear? Not sure though :confused:

44243051-L.jpg

44243052-L.jpg

44243055-L.jpg

44243049-L.jpg

These are lovely. I don't know hoe you arranged them all to stand clear of their backgrounds so well. Lighting? DOF? did you pick them first? (photoshop?!) I like them all, even the white one with the out of focus petals.

Thanks Brian. These are all just flowers I see while out walking with my wife and baby. None are picked or moved. I just try and find different angles. Dark bg against light flowers and vise versa. I also try and get as close as possible and use as big of an aperature as possible for a shallow dof. Some work out better than others.

Brian_barrett said:
Ah ha! I only just noticed that the third image is the source of your avatar! Very swish!
Yep, same photo, just inverted in PS for a more *artsy* look :mrgreen:

Very nice series! The first is my favorite. I really like your colors and composition in these!

Very colourful, and I think "thebeginning" would call these "fireworks" (if I am not totally mistaken, he has only recently started a thread with that title presenting us flowers? Maybe, though, I am wrong ... !?!), anyhow, the second and third do look a little like fireworks, and I absolutely love the third, which also became your avatar!
But I also like the kind of pulsating effect that the first photo has, and I don't mind the blurred petal edges at all.
In short: lovely flower series!

Thanks everyone! Like I've said before, I know they're just flowers, but I really enjoy shooting them and trying to capture their beauty.

WOW!! These are just killer woodsac. All of them are brilliant, but number 2 is my fave

Sweet shots jake...no. 2 is tack sharp. Love the compo on the first. Your colour rendition and saturation is spot on. Excellent exposures too. :D :thumbup:

absolutely wonderful shots! i love the colors.. but the simplicity of #1 strikes me the most... well done yet again :thumbsup:
thanks for sharing jake! :D

Most reactions

Back