New Foo Fighters C.D.

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, its out ladies and gentleman, I know this is a bit late but the new Foo Fighters c.d. is out, and my rating is a strong 10/10, they have really pulled this one off well and it destroys the bad reputation One by One got them, and is back to the good old standard they had when they used songs such as Big me!

I must also remind everyone that Ben Folds, Songs For Silverman is out and I have the collectors edition, and this is also a must hear, great album, fantastic songs, and beautifully present in the book like special edition case.

These both deserve a 9/10 - 10/10 and are a MUST get, thank and you good night.

Foo fighters, Ben Folds :hail::hail::hail:

what are Foo Fighters and who's Ben Folds?

I thought "One By One" was fine. A bit low on the production, but still good.
I've not had a chance to listen to CD2 yet, but I like CD1.

mentos_007 said:

You havent heard music until youve heard them, and ferny, cd2 is better I feel!

Ben Folds no one will have heard of, but hes worth trying out.

And that song ferny sent is their newest single, but not the best song....still partial to Big Me

mentos_007 said:

Oh poor poor Mentos, how could you not know who the Foo Fighters are?
They are fronted by Dave Grohl the former drummer for Nirvanna and one of my all time favorite people in the rock music industry.

Artemis said:
Ahh but Steve, I feel sorry for you not knowing of Ben Folds my good man :)

I'm really as much a fan of the man himself as I am his music. He really won me over during the whole Napster controversy. Dennis Miller questioned him on the subject and he said something along the lines of

"I think is really funny and really true too is that when you sell 50 million records, and you've got millions of dollars in the bank (this is a reference to Lars or Metallica), then f__k you! You know, this guy has millions of dollars in he bank, and he's arguing over pennies."

Oh yes my kind of guy. Someone who knows he is fortunate to be doing what he loves and making good money doing it. And after all that, still cares more about the music itself and the people that listen to it.

steve817 said:
I'm really as much a fan of the man himself as I am his music. He really won me over during the whole Napster controversy. Dennis Miller questioned him on the subject and he said something along the lines of

"I think is really funny and really true too is that when you sell 50 million records, and you've got millions of dollars in the bank (this is a reference to Lars or Metallica), then f__k you! You know, this guy has millions of dollars in he bank, and he's arguing over pennies."

Oh yes my kind of guy. Someone who knows he is fortunate to be doing what he loves and making good money doing it. And after all that, still cares more about the music itself and the people that listen to it.

You my friend, are a good friend :p

I just noticed this thread. I've always liked Dave Grohl. :thumbup: I am woefully behind the times, since I had no idea the Foo Fighters had a new cd. :blushing:

Thanks for the little review up there, Arty! :) (although I like "Good Grief" from that cd better than "Big Me" - it's a rock-kah!) :lol:

I've got to say that I have never gotten into the foo fighters. For some reason they just don't do it for me. I like some of Grohl's side projects though.

But Ben Folds is very cool. Have always liked him from the Five days.

Nope, im fairly new to ben but I love all his stuff now, dont know a great deal actually about him though....

interesting fact about dave grohl.

he plays every instrument while recording new albums. once he is done, he gets his road band together to learn his new songs and then he goes on tour.

his other guitar player is a guy named nate from an older band called "sunny day real estate" his drummer used to drum for alanis morrisette.

ok, i think thats about it. there new stuff is indeed great.

interesting fact about dave grohl.

he plays every instrument while recording new albums. once he is done, he gets his road band together to learn his new songs and then he goes on tour.
He sounds like Paul McCartney! :heart:

So, I thought Pat Smear was his other guitarist....the one who played with Nirvana right at the end, and he was on the first Foo Fighters cd. He no longer plays with them, eh?

pat smear played on the first two foo fighters albums(the colour and the shape) he also was the second guitarest for nirvana before cobain got selfish and ended it.

craig shiflett replaced pat smear from the album one by one and on.

out of everyone in music, i think i respect grohl the most. foo fighters are what nirvana could never be. poppy, edgy, having mass appeal, and you can sing along with it without feeling like you were going to shoot yourself.

Most reactions

Back