new fool here

DarkCrown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! Today I have birthed my interest in photography. I know almost nothing, but I sense a tiny flame of passion in my heart and feel that I should give it a chance to burn in its full glory. My father owns a digital Canon EOS 10D with about 5 lens with loads of lens add-ons, sadly, the old fool gave the other camera(Film) of the same to my sister which she probably never used >:/ (probably broken too). Well, I have borrowed his camera to go off and take loads of terrible pictures and eventually turn into a photo wizard over the next few years(I'm 20).
Tomorrow, I'm going to my colleges zoo to see if they will let me take pictures of their animals, but if not I'll take boring campus pictures to get the hang of it(most likey the weight of the camera).
I have been looking into the basics of taking pictures - Books, links and ect.. are highly welcome. However, I'm not entirely clueless.
I want to learn manual. When I get into things I love to get into it hard which allows my to feel the burn of my will and honestly understand if my will can stand the heat. I'm not saying I refused AF :). I feel I'll have a MUCH greater understanding jumping into manual. I'll be carrying around a notebook to record my settings for some pictures as well as what I've learned through out my experiences of freezing reality.
I also have a Olympus Stylus 710 - which shall become my second set of eyes(I'll take it everywhere with me).

(I have read the sticky about taking Zoo pictures btw)

the lens's that I currently have in my possesion are - sigma 20mm 1:18 EX DG Aspherical and a canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS

What a way to start, huh? kekeke

I've used this camera a few times in the past 6 years and only took a handful of lazy pictures but today...today I took 236 pictures at the zoo. :lol: I feel pretty cool. I'll post some up in the beginners section, but I'm pretty sure all of them are bad(I don't have my glasses!!!!) I have a few more personal events for picture taking this month the next is on Sunday(subject:angry people). I'll probably visit the zoo again... those cages and fences are a menace! you guys manual focus being almost legally blind :confused: . Well, I think I'm set on my introduction. Thanks for the welcomes!

yes... the pictures on my walls will shoot fireballs at intruders! By the way in your sig it says san diego :) I'm going to comic con and photographs teh nerds as a nerd.

NICE.
You must post the results (assuming you make it out of there). If your photos suck, you can just say a warlock cast a focus or exposure spell or something.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back