New Forest / south coast (UK)

I think this is the first meet that I can make geographically and on a weekend when I'm not working for a change. That said it is the other half's birthday on the Saturday, but I reckon I could suggest to her that we have a meal and stay in a nice hotel in the New Forest. Count me in for now, and I have a car if required. :thumbup:

David

will LP introduce us to his Otter family on the day?????

This isn't that tired old joke beloved of the publicans in that part of the world I hope.
"Pull chain to see the water Otter."
And it's attached to an old kettle.

Real gut-buster that one...

This isn't that tired old joke beloved of the publicans in that part of the world I hope.
"Pull chain to see the water Otter."
And it's attached to an old kettle.

Real gut-buster that one...

never heard of it!!!

I'm still up for this. Do we have an agreeement on venue? I might want to stay over Saturday night somewhere so want to get it booked.

cheers,

Mohain

I'm open to suggestions for what we do and where we go

Lepe on the coast is good for sunsets

and I know Flyingsearle has been to a few good places

As for all meeting up I'd suggest all meeting up in a motorway services unless anyone else has a better idea

I'm open to suggestions for what we do and where we go

Lepe on the coast is good for sunsets

and I know Flyingsearle has been to a few good places

As for all meeting up I'd suggest all meeting up in a motorway services unless anyone else has a better idea

I don't know the area at all so I cant suggest anywhere to go. Anywhere with good lanscapes/forests/coatlines is OK with me :)

What motorway? M3 or M27 I guess?

M3 then you leave M3 onto M27west heading for bournemouth but it might be an idea to meetup in Winchester Services and have ourselves a convoy

FlyingSearle has come up with a better meeting place

Rownhams services on the M27 westbound instead of Winchester.

This is be better for anyone coming from the West

As for a time to meet, I'm open to suggestions

Any time is OK by me. I'm gonna be down there already, so I'll give LP a call on the day to meet up nearer the coast/New Forest etc (PM or email me your moby if you would be so kind, I'll exchange my number). I've just bought a large scale OS map of the area, looks interesting :mrgreen:

This is looking a bit dodgy for me at the moment, I'm on my second week off work with what seems like sudden arthritis. got to have some more tests over the next couple of days, but in the meantime it's strong painkillers and anti-inflammatory tablets.

I'm not sure what it is is, but it's a right pain in the foot/ankle/knee/hands/elbows/shoulders but I'll keep you guys updated with progress - not sure about this weekend at Abingdon either, but I thik I might be able to make it (see how the new drugs fare) - I'll get the wife to follow me around with a camping chair!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back