New from NC

kris10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all you photo people. I just joined this site recently and so far...I like what I see. I have been involved in photography for a long time. Many in my family also have strong interests in photography. I took classes in high school and my first camera was a Minolta manual. I had no other choice but to learn how to use it. I fell in love with it. I have been out of it for a few years and after a trip to the Dominican Republic (my first time out of the country or even on a plane), I got all of my photo's from the disposable camera's we took and half of them were sooooooooo terrible that they couldn't even be qualified as "snapshots". So I went out and bought a Nikon N55 and though it's an entry level camera and is missing a couple of capabilities that I am interested in, it has served me greatly since I bought it. I have a 28-80mm street lens and a 70-300mm zoom which I love. I have thought about upgrading to the N70 but have decided to wait to see if I might prefer to go digital....which I swore I would never do...:confused:. I look forward to talking with you all and seeing some cool photo's! :camera:

I live on the east coast of NC. About 10 minutes from Emerald Isle and 20 from Camp Lejune. ;)

I like your avatar; what kind of music do you like to play? We have several musicians here at TPF, so you have lots of company.

Welcome! :D

I like your avatar; what kind of music do you like to play?

Well, thank you very much. ;) I just took that photo on Saturday when I was messing around with my bosses "loaned" camera. (I thought about posting a larger version of it here in critique's for some advice once I figure out how to do that..:p.) I shoot film though and just wanted to try out his digital and that's what I got. I am thinking I could one day be converted to digital....(how taboo..:er: ).

Music playing? Hmmm...well, that shot in my avatar is a 12 string that I am TRYING to learn. I have never played a song on a guitar in my life...piano would have been much easier for me, I think. But in the two months since my oldest son (ten yrs old) started taking lessons, we have learned where all of the notes are...(not that we know how to play them together so they sound good :confused: )...and we have learned two songs...well, 1 song and one "piece" of a song. I think the first one is Ghost Riders or something like that and the second one is Jingle Bells. At least when Christmas comes this year, I can play ONE song for everyone...LOL!!! :lol:

Music, though, is my ADDICTION...next to photography that is...and if there were no such thing, I wouldn't be able to function in this crazy ole world. :blushing: . I am glad to know there are other musicians here...maybe you guys could teach me some stuff later on down the road...once my fingers stop bleeding....LOL!!! (jk) :lmao:

(Oh yeah, I apologize for all of the smilies...I am an addict and I can admit it...you guys also have such CUTE ones...:hugs:.)

Welcome to the boards. :)

If you want to make life easy with your twelve string - take the thin set of strings off and you'll learn faster. :) Shoot me a PM if you're unsure.

Thank you metal. The only thing about the 12 string, is it's borrowed. I think I will just end up getting a fairly inexpensive six string. It's not like I will ever do anything with it but for fun so I wouldn't need anything fancy. I may PM ya though for some help sometime though. ;). I have been looking online to see if I could find some simple single note music sheets of songs I know because it would be easier if I could "hear" what I am playing and know it's right because I know the song. The song's in my son's book are songs I have never heard so that makes it REALLY hard. I have seen the music sheets that you can get online that have the numbers on the fret you are supposed to play on each string but those are too hard for me to follow right now. I need like "dummy" sheet music. LOL! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back