New From New Mexico

asc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I've been browsing the past few days...just found this site.
Took many photo classes with my BAº with a Canon Elan IIE, ~10 years ago. Have not done much film work since due to the cost of film, processing, and the time between taking/seeing the results.

Moved to digital with a nikon P&S. Grew frustrated with the lack of control I had, but have been very tight on funds. I'm in my last year of a master's in Physical Therapy...so living on loans is prohibitive to re-starting a hobby.

First child was born in May...you'll see many pics of her here as I upload them to look for CC and ideas. I enjoy the expression of photography, I believe I have a decent eye and appreciation for what makes a quality photograph quality, but I definitely have room to grow and am eager to devour the knowledge on the boards.

With the birth of my daughter, my wife and I bought a Canon SD 1000 P&S to replace the 2mp/6 y/o Nikon, and have been pleased with it, although I still find myself yearning for the control in digital that the elan IIe gave me with film.

I'm saving, which will rapidly advance in May when I graduate, for a Nikon DSLR. Leaning to the D90 with some of the shared technologies it has with the higher Nikon models...although I'm not "die-hard, must have D90", looking forward to reading the posts comparing the thoughts of the d90 to the d40 and 60. Hoping that when I'm ready to upgrade in a year, the price will not be as premium since it just came out.

So that's about it for me...looking forward to being a part of the community, to learning, as well as contributing in whatever ways I can.

pax
asc

Glad to have you on board! Welcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back