New from Texas

Novajet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eades.ws
Hi everyone!

I came across this site doing a search for "amateur photography forums", so please feel free to let me know if I'm not in the proper place. Obviously, I'm an amateur. :)

I'm a stay-at-home-mom to two girls, and I began my journey with photography because I wanted to capture those special moments shared by my new family. Until very recently (very, very recently...like 2 days ago), I was using a point-and-shoot digital camera, which we occasionally got what I consider good photos from (but, I have no training, and it's hard not to love a picture of your own child). I am tired of packing up the kids, sitting in waiting rooms at photo studios, and dealing with cranky, tired babies that do not feel comfortable with a stranger behind the lens...all to return home disappointed and vowing to learn to take good photos myself. So, we dove into the world of SLR's and bought a Canon Digital Rebel, which I'm still learning how to use.

Anyway, that was my long-winded way of asking if this is a good place for amateurs. If not, could someone please recommend a site for me?

The pic in my avatar is my baby- 8 month old Ryleigh. I also have a 2 year old, Ashton. :D We have hundreds of other photos at www.eades.ws, if you want to take a look (just click on the link to the Photo Gallery on the left). But, only the last few are with the new camera. Also want to add that they are all just snapshots of my kids- nothing exciting to most.

Howdy! Welcome to the forum! Its great to have another Texan on the board! People tend to thing we're weird or something. :lol: Where in the great state are ya from? I'm down here in College Station at Texas A&M...

Hope you enjoy your stay here! :D

Welcome aboard and nice choice of camera!

Welcome! I have two children ages 5 & 3 so I know just how you feel :) I currently shoot with the Canon 10D and I love Canons!!! I look forward to seeing your work.

What??? Another Texan??? :shock: :lol: :lol:

I won't hold that against you, though! Welcome aboard!

Most reactions

Back