New From Texas

KwikC6

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, My name is Ray and I just found this forum. I was really into amateur photography many years ago whle in the Navy. I have a Minolta X-700 with numerous lenses in the closet I have not used for years. So I broke it out and started playing but always reverted back to my Digital point and shoot I bought a few years ago. Well this week after considerable research I bit the bullit and bought a new Nikon D90 with a 18-105mm lens. Wow! What a difference! I have a lot to learn about this thing! Here are 3 of the first photos I have taken.
DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Welcome to the start of your journey. Try not centering and paying careful attention to your background. Great looking dog - Springer? - TF

Welcome aboard.

Welcome to TPF!

One thing that I struggle with too (although I've got multiple people constantly hammering the phrase into my head) watch out for backgrounds! The bright read and blue take away from the dog. That being said, great start, and enjoy the camera!

Welcome to TPF!

One thing that I struggle with too (although I've got multiple people constantly hammering the phrase into my head) watch out for backgrounds! The bright read and blue take away from the dog. That being said, great start, and enjoy the camera!

I agree. These were the first shots out of the box. I really wasn't trying to compose, rather just see what kind of photos the camera would take. But I do apreciate the input!

Most reactions

Back