New Fuji S3 - Humina humina

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by drlynn, Jun 19, 2004.

1. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

Sep 19, 2003
    Anybody seen this yet?

The main claim to fame for this camera is that it has more dynamic range than any current DSLR (up to 40% more - 2+ extra stops).

This means that if you're shooting a bride in white dress, and groom in black tux, you're gonna be better able to have details in the black tux without blowing out the highlights of the gown.

I was at a friend's wedding today, and the Photographer struck up a conversation with me. He noticed my EOS 5 slung over my shoulder and came up and introduced himself. He was a really great guy, and he took some incredible shots today with his 10D. He carried his laptop with him and downloaded some shots to show off in a slide show during the reception (what a great idea!).

Anyway, he had a Canon 10D and a Mamiya, but he told me that when this Fuji S3 comes out, he's switching to all digital.

/end ramble
  2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Aug 25, 2003
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Although I know that many people love the S2, my experience with Fuji's "Super CCD" technology in the point-n-shoot that I got my wife is that it totally sucks. I am a big fan of most Fuji products, but was very disappointed in their digi point-n-shoot cameras (metering and color in particular are horrible compared to Olympus, Canon, Nikon, and Kodak DPnS I've used).

I probably shouldn't be comparing DPnS to DSLRs, but Fuji claims to use the same technology in both, so I'll just say that they started it. :wink: