New Gallery Forum -- Street Photography

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Could this justify a forum of it's own? I know it seems to be it's own sort of genre in the photography world.

Along with a boatload of other genres TPF doesn't have specific forums for.

Street is mainly about people and/or is photojournalism. TPF already has forums for both.

Last edited:
Along with a boatload of other genres TPF doesn't have specific forums for.

Street is mainly about people and/or is photojournalism TPF already has forums for both.

makes sense, tnx :)

There is still a lot of misunderstanding about what is street photography as a genre. Some think it is similar to journalism which it is not, others think it can be put in the same section as senior portraits. What can we do? Well, we can claim that macro and wild life/nature are similar genres that should be put together. In reality we can not do much until there is enough street shooters on the forum to warrant a separate section.

I don't see there being anywhere near enough Street shooters to warrant a specific forum.

I agree that there is no need for a Macro specific forum.
But there already is one.
IMO, taking a forum away is quite a bit different than adding one.

I suppose some would go ape over it. But just the meerkat thought of it makes me cringe.

We could also have a Zoo thread to stop them posting in the wildlife section

Yep, and wildlife should be merged with nude
On other forums I've seen zoo photos deleted in wildlife and poster told not to post any more zoo photos

Thankfully that's not the case here.
I wish it was

You can always start a thread about it ;)

From memory we've really only had a birding thread started with a member asking if we could move birds into their own section.

Most reactions

Back