NathanJPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ARGHH :D My Canon 50D is on its way, It will be my first owned DSLR, can't wait

Got a reflector in the post today :)

Kinda pointless thread but hey you can never be to excited :D

Anyone used the 50D for portrait work seeing as most of mine will be for that style.

Thanks

Congrats... I know how it feels to have something you really really want.

I got my first DSLR a few weeks ago and after a few weeks I still have the same joy everytime I turn it on...

I used 50D a few times. It is a good camera feels much bigger and solid in one's hands comparing to Rebel series(which I own). Looks definitely more professional. I liked the extra digital display on the top. And it's continuous mode is fast!.. You will enjoy it...

Are you getting a kit or just the body?

I love my 50D!!! Congrats , its always fun getting new toys!

Congrats! Have fun with it!

You will love having a DSLR, I got mine 2 weeks ago with an 18-55 lit lense and cannot set it down. I went out yesterday with my hi zoom P&S just to compare. I think it is going to stay in the case from now on and I am picking up a 70-300 tomorrow.

I find moving up to the 50D, 40D etc range a great step up from the Rebel models. This isn't because of picture quality really, more so to do with how much easier it is to change the settings of your photo. For example, I find it much easier now to change the ISO level, white balance, etc whilst staring through the viewfinder.

When I used to have a 300D (Rebel), If i wanted to change an ISO level, or white balance I would have to manually fiddle with the buttons at the back of the camera, then re-frame my shot.

So, I think you'll find the 50D great for giving you easier control in how you take your photos.

Most reactions

Back