• Total voters

Wilh93

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.confinedcorners.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So a few months ago my 50mm plastic fantastic shattered from a slight tap on the table, and I ended up getting a 40mm stm lens and have been using that for a while now. Fast forward a few weeks of tax refunds :D I wanted to give the wide angle scene a try. From the reviews and videos I was dead set on getting the Rokinon/Samyang/Bower 14mm, but one of my friends said why not get the Olympus Omd Em10.

It had me thinking, I do mostly street and goign to do some travel photography in a few months, and waving around a giant 14mm lens isnt exactly discreet. The Olympus seems like a good call on that but I dont think with the 2x crop I will be getting the same focal length. I wouldnt mind getting either, thoughts?

How can you choose between camera and lens? If you need small camera you buy smaller camera if you need wide angle than buying new camera you don't solve the problem with focal range. There are wide zooms for m4/3 like pana 7-14 f4 or new 7-14 f2.8 from olympus and you have to buy either and they are not cheap at all. Small E-M10 and 14 mm together don't make sense for me.

Last edited:
The thing is I wouldn't mind either. I wanted a the rokinon to give wide angle a try, but I'm also going to be traveling too so the more compact m4/3 doesn't seem like a bad idea either.

MFT has a very wide selection of glass. You shouldn't have a problem finding equivalent focal lengths. For starters, Panasonic makes a very sharp 7-14.

GRAA0414.jpg

7mm

GRAA0590.jpg

14mm

GRAA0206.jpg

12mm

GRAA0278.jpg

7mm

Most reactions

New Topics

Back