New Gear

Buszaj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just received my new gear from B&H, very good company to deal with by the way. I purchased the new Sigma 150-500, BG-E3 grip, Manfrotto 676 monopod, and a Giottos ball head. I am very satisfied and the lens is MASSIVE. Took it out for a few quick shots, and the stabilization is very handy. Can't wait to take some good wildlife shots and use it in Kenya in a week:D. If anybody's considering this lens, go for it. Its big though!

...sorry for the short/crappy review.

Show us some pics of the goods bro! Especially that massive lens! :D

As requested. I'll be sure to post a few threads with my pictures after I come back.

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

Wow. They weren't kidding when they nicknamed it the "Bigma", were they? Can't wait to see some photos!

Wow nice gear! Can I just ask what that monopod is like? Been in the market for one for a bit now and this has been near the top end of my list!

Man that is something for my D40. I assume it would be nice for low profile hand hold street photography in the city :lol:.

Congrat and have stack of fun with the new midget.

The Bigma is the 50-500mm f4-6.3 --

Anyway, enjoy it! I look forward to seeing the stuff you take in Kenya! I thoroughly enjoy my Sigma 100-300mm f4 and would have considered this one if it had been available at the time. I'm particularly interested to hear how it performs shooting animals in lower light.

Ian

Thanks everyone.

Wow nice gear! Can I just ask what that monopod is like? Been in the market for one for a bit now and this has been near the top end of my list!

The monopod is the Bogen/Manfrotto 676B Digi Monopod. I bought this one because its a good height, reputable company, and supports 10lb. And its only 35 dollars, no head though.

BTW -- did it come with a porter to carry it around for you? :)

I wonder if they could put little bags in them that would hold some helium ...

BTW -- did it come with a porter to carry it around for you? :)

I wonder if they could put little bags in them that would hold some helium ...

hehe. unfortunately no, but I did see some people in the classifieds.... The built in handle on the tripod collar is actually very handy for carrying it around though. My backpack will also be able to hold the stuff.

Most reactions

Back