New gear

Bryant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I sold my ATV last night, and acquired a large sum of money. I'm putting $600 to buying some stuff, but I'm unsure of what I'd like to buy. I want the 24-70, but I'm in no rush, i'd rather buy some other things. I have a bag that's already fine. Anything else that is a necessity?

Got a good tripod and head? Got the grip for that 40D? I love having the grip on mine.

Derrick

What's a head? Manfrotto's are the best am i correct? I was thinking of getting a grip. Does it come with a battery because I know it uses two, or is it batterys.

The grips don't come with batteries - so you have to get another and it is always best to pair brand names together with batteries - so if you have a nikon battery - get a second nikon battery.
Manfrotto you certainly can't go wrong with - though there is also Gitzo, but they tend to be a bit more pricey.
As for the head - the better tripods come as a set of legs only - no head to attach the camera to - this is due to the fact that there are many different types of head one can use for different situations - such as 3 way, ball head and geared - each with advantages and disadvantages.

What sort of shooting do you use your camera mostly for? A good 3 way head is great for landscape and portrate work - whilst sports or wildlife is often done best with a more freemoving ball head

Most reactions

Back