New Guy Here. Looking for C&C

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, im new to the forums as well as photography. here are some photos i have taken in the past few weeks. Please feel free to give me suggestions to make my photos better! thanks

sorry if i put up too many
2yjwjld.jpg

2laggmg.jpg

2qb4zs1.jpg

mkj9j6.jpg

b54lk3.jpg

otmd0m.jpg

24evn2w.jpg

2cp8cao.jpg

zmk0eg.jpg

2woc2yx.jpg

6y05k8.jpg

200qp13.jpg

2ijm9vb.jpg

k37srl.jpg

2jdpd0i.jpg

Last edited:
hmm, no replies make me feel they are really that bad haha

dont be discouraged...most of the members are sleeeeeeeping. (wish i was).
looks like you've gotten off to a decent start.
it is a lot of images to look at, so if you want people to really take some time and critique them i would say pick your favorite 3 or 4 and post them up.
overall...pretty good.
one thing to watch out for that happens in a few of these is blown highlights. some of your subject matter i don't find to be all that interesting, but there are a few that look cool. the ants on the apple, although kinda gross is an interesting image. i think my fave of the group is the sunset one at the crazy angle. its an extreme angle, but i dig the colors you got in the sky and the red of the flowers (flowers?) pops nicely.

keep shooting! the more you shoot, the more you will learn, and the better you will become. this community is full of knowledge, and i have learned a ton here. welcome to the circus! :D

thanks for the reply. im a night owl lol and a bit impatient haha. i thought i was doing alright by posting what i did haha there are a lot more i like. but i figured i would pic my favorites and get ppls input on them and then study why they work. i almost missed the apple one lol. i just happend to look at the rok when i was walking by. and the extreme angle one i like because of the colors too. it might be an extreme angle because i was about 1 mile down an old train track and it began to rain haha to i was running and stopping unter the train to stay dry. or maybe it was one of my "hey, i want to do a nifty angle" moments haha

thanks again

#1. I'm kind of on the fence. I like the small flowers, but the image is lacking a definitive subject, so not all that interesting.
#2. *shudder* could be a good photo, but you are chopping off the sewer, and not a lot going on, so not that interesting.
#3. Why is the sign chopped off? If there was a person back there...maybe. But as is, I don't care for this one.
#4. Really good. You have a subject, and nice framing. Although the whites look a little blown out.
#5. Not horrible, not great. Just kind of...uninteresting.
#6. I like, especially the colors. Just wish the lamp weren't cut off as much, and... is it a little OOF?
#7. One of my favorites so far. The ants surrounding the puddle are neat; the background isn't too busy, and you've got some nice bokeh. Don't care for the apple being cut off though.
#8. Decent, but it could use a little editing. Its sort of hard to tell what I'm looking at.
#9. Maybe if there was a person in the doorway...
#10. Nice. A little boring though.
#11. I like it.
#12. Hot damn! I like this shot a lot! Great angle/perspective & good conversion.
#13. Is great. Love it!
#14. Good shot. Not all that dynamic to me.
#15. I think this is your strongest image. Seeing the words, the wedding band and the emotional connection between these people, is just powerful. Good job!!!

thanks everyone. i numbered them now. sorry.

the last one was taken at a rally for a local school teacher accused of molesting a student. kind of a big deal for me lol. i kinda snuck the picture lol.

as for my other photos, i see where you're coming from on a lot of them. #1 was to me interesting because of the something pretty being next to something "ugly"

i have saved a lot of spots i want to shoot for when i get a better camera. this old point and shoot is boring haha. i mainly want to shoot live concerts and stuff like that. and maybe get into doing portraits for seniors who cant afford a studio session. and possibly some other model stuff.

here's a few more i wouldnt mind some c/c on. thanks
10xcaol.jpg

21kfrzs.jpg

2wch992.jpg

2wfs5ds.jpg

nobody else? o well. thanks to all who commented.

I like photo 15 as well.

1. There isn't a focus on any subject in particular, so it's hard to really focus the eyes. I find my eyes roaming around the picture the entire time to see what the subject of the picture is.
2. I can't imagine what it may smell like. Haha. I kind of like the angle of view you've got but still...it may have been nice if you put a little more focus on the sludge and maybe blur out the tunnel in the back.
3. I don't really like this one. If the subject is the sign, it got cut off and the fence detracts from the sign.
4. It's ok but nothing really stands out in the image. There really isn't anything going on with the tunnel and rocks to set it apart from the foliage.
5. This could be a good image if there was more contrast between the water and the trees.
6. I like the composition of the lamp off to the side. Maybe the lamp can be a little sharper. The color of the sky is nice too.
7. This is a cool picture. I like it. =)
8. The picture looks a bit dark. It's almost hard to make out the ground. I guess this has to do with the bright sun in the sky.
9. The crooked lines makes it hard to appreciate this photo.
10. The sky looks really bright. I don't really know enough to make a comment on the photo and it's subject.
11. There really isn't anything to interest me in this one.
12. This is nice but I think I'd like it better if the buildings weren't so dark.
13. The angle is a little too much for me but the colors are pretty cool.
14. It doesn't really do anything for me, maybe if you could get more of the surroundings into the picture.
15. Cool pic!
16. The photo's overly saturated. And it may be nice if you could get a closer shot of the bees on the rotten apple.
17. Hmm...this one doesn't really do much for me. Maybe I'd now want an Angus burger from McD's. Hehe.
18. I'm guessing the subject is the tire (?). It's kind of hidden with all the leaves.
19. Cool angle you've got going. I would like to see more of the rail and have it lead the eye into the distance where the train car is.

Good job with the photos and thanks for posting! It would definitely be easier to critique if there were less pictures, but keep shooting!

thank you for replying. i know i posted a lot but it was either that or a bunch of threads. i wanted to show all the pics i liked lol.

#3- i took it at a very popular swimming place here,there is a fence and a sign blocking it off. but the place is notorious for swimming. thought it was cool for some reason lol
#12- they arent buildings, im in between 2 trains.
#16- i was actually close to the bees. any closer my camera had trouble focusing right. and seeing as i am afraid of them, i wasnt gonna get stung lol
#17&18- for some reason i like shooting pollution. and i found these things on walks in the woods. the bike is covered with leave and was all mangled. i dont like messing with things in nature for pictures. to me, that makes it unnatural kinda

thanks a lot for the comments though!

can't wait till i get a better camera

#12- they arent buildings, im in between 2 trains.

LOL. That's the exact reason why it would've been better if it was lighter, then I'd be able to tell what the things on either side of you are! :lol:

I like the composition in #5 and #8 - these shots have potential, but need to be edited to make them "pop". #12 is interesting, but it's too dark.

Most reactions

Back