New here and new to Canon..

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by MistyLynn, Feb 15, 2008.

1. MistyLynn

MistyLynn TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I just got my first "big girl" digital camera. I've been using a cheap little HP digital for a few years and it served it's purpose. I did shoot two weddings and got good pics with it but I really wanted a new camera that looked better.
    A few friends of mine got Canon S3's last year but my husband surprised me with a Canon S5 yesterday and I'm trying to learn it. I do fine and dandy with Auto mode but eventually I wanna be able to manually adjust my camera and do things that way. I am looking forwards to hearing some neat tips/advice. I've been reading the booklet with it some but I'm really confused with some of the jargon. Photography is my absolute passion in life and eventually I'd like to make a career out of it (although it seems like that must be the idea everyone around here has suddenly). Anyways, I look forward to meeting other folks. :)

2. evo5gsr

evo5gsr TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    That was a waste of money, IMO. The S3 was definitely good enough (maybe even better than the S5) before you move to DSLRs.

3. Dominic

Dominic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    She didn't have an S3. Welcome to the forum Hoosier!

4. MistyLynn

MistyLynn TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the welcome. :)

Evo - I didn't have the S3 I was looking at getting it before my husband bought the S5 but he got it for only about 50.00 more than the S3 soooo it's not that big of a difference price wise.

5. evo5gsr

evo5gsr TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    LOL whoops, my bad.

6. CanadianMe

CanadianMe TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Since it costs nothing really just practice and play with your manual sttings keep shooting until you get a good feel for the Camera, then manual will help a lot. Point and Shoots can give you decent Images, not as good as a DLSR. I use a point and shoot and just read the manual and a lot of my pics turned out well. I am upgrading but my P&S will be staying with me. My Sig has photos, all were taking with A Kodak Z710 and just tooks lots of trying and experimenting. Was a big adjust from a Film SLR which I was using many moons ago. Read the MANUAL, when you find things in to you don't understand ask and it will probably be more helpful questions.