New here and some pictures for C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Shannon71, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Shannon71

Shannon71 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I just joined today and thought I'd post a couple of pics out here to get some feedback. I LOVE to take pictures but I know I have lots and lots to learn. :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. IgsEMT

IgsEMT No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1) good composition, lighting, love the catchlights. I'm a big proponent of catch lights. Given flat lighting, there is minimal ratio but it is a nice image. Not a big fan of wide open apertures and you didn't have that :) :thumbup:
    2)Everything from above + if you are including the body (i.e. #1 and #3), don't cut the head, doesn't look good. I don't like the yellow tan you got going there, or maybe it is WB that is off.
    3) Everything from above + you cut the fingers of her left hand - DON'T CUT fingers, if you're cutting - above the elbows, NOT the fingers. You can see her blue bra - most girls won't appreciate that. Keep that in mind when shooting and be honest with your subjects.

Good job overall. Keep shooting and enjoy doing it.

3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    1-flip the camera around to frame a headshot using what many call portrait camera orientation; her lopped off chin is not attractive.

2-Ah, that's better camera orientation, but the white balance is decidedly a bit, uh, yellow. That big expanse of open sky behind you gives the same big upper-eyeball catchlights as in shot 1.

3-Cutting the top of her head off while simultaneously getting rid of the red lettering on the door behind her is not a good tradeoff. The cropping of of one hand and the fingers of the other hand is a bit jarring. it appears that yuo used flash in shot #3,as the harsh shadow on her arm shows.

All three are focused well and all three show decent rapport with your subjects, who I assume are your friends. You're doing okay, but a bit more planing might make your shots come out with more impact.

4. tom123

tom123 TPF Noob!

Nice pictures, thanks for posting them!
    Maybe the first photo has the distant eye of the subject a bit out of focus. Also, the white balance might be a little bit off. The first and second picture use a very different white balance. But pictures are very nice - good luck!

5. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here's hoping after a good response from the community that you start contributing to the forums :)