New here but figured I'd jump in with pics of a sunset

randomk9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is chris and this is my first time posting and figured keywest sunset was the best way to start

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5399.jpg

broken part of 7 mile bridge

IMG_5211.jpg

and had to throw the moon in there
IMG_5292.jpg

thank you for looking.

When you photograph water, you should really watch the line of your horizon, in the photo of the broken part of the Seven Mile Bridge (it is BROKEN in part?????? :shock: ) it is so slanted, I fear for my desk and the deluge that might happen, what with all the water flowing out of your frame!!! :shock: <-again!

The sunset photos are nice, but I feel the heads should not have been in your photo. Plus it is a tad on the very dark side ... I know the sun told your meterings to stop down further, but in the end a lot of detail got lost that could have been there. Plus in both the sun (your primary subject, of course) is in the very centre of the frame, which is never quite as good, as a photo gets too balanced that way, and too balanced means it tends to be boring. So next time you go out, you focus (central focus point, I assume), and then quickly recompose to put your primary subject off centre.

thank you for the tips. i have a bunch more i was just kinda going though them. pics the photo of the broken bridge was actually taken in a car while moving at 70 mph so that also may be the reason for it being off.

the sunset is beautiful, but get rid of the heads!

lol yea they ruin it i have a picture that ive been working on got rid of the heads once its done ill post it

I like the colors and moody feel of this image, you've also captured a lovely said boat and great sunset.

on the downside:

you might be able to crop out the heads and also crop out from the top the darkest area of the clouds as they really don't add to the composition. this will almost make it a pano look. I agree that centering the sun in the frame should be avoided and it also appears that the image is a bit soft (not in sharp focus).

Here's my quick edit of the bridge. I think it's a great shot, and you could really make it awesome by working with the original. This is what I did with the compressed version.
main.php

31795_1441452045344_1504375408_1086.jpg
heres one i worked on for a little bit still couldnt get it perfect but hey what the heck

Here's my quick edit of the bridge. I think it's a great shot, and you could really make it awesome by working with the original. This is what I did with the compressed version.
main.php

Interesting approach.Here's my edit. Oops the sky is a too dark, but now you have an idea what you could do to change your work.
img5211vx.jpg

wow you guys are really makin me rethink my photoshop skills then again im using gimp and still havent gotten it down yet

Most reactions

New Topics

Back