New here, first offering

Tim Tucker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From last week. I was up in Glen Coe on an R&R day and as the last light of the day faded I packed up and headed home. Until I came across this scene at Ranch Moor.

Last edited:
Nicely captured. I like it.

I won't even nit pick because its a million times better than my first post.

This is a very interesting image. I am intrigued by the amount of blue in the image, not that there is anything wrong with it, I just find it interesting because I have shot many sunrises ands sunsets, but never one with this much blue in it. Also, welcome to the Forum. I look forward to your ongoing posts.

WesternGuy

This is a very interesting image. I am intrigued by the amount of blue in the image, not that there is anything wrong with it, I just find it interesting because I have shot many sunrises ands sunsets, but never one with this much blue in it. Also, welcome to the Forum. I look forward to your ongoing posts.

WesternGuy

There was a lot of blue at the time as Rannoch Moor, (correct spelling, not auto correct...) is about 300m above sea level with a deep blue sky and plenty of water reflecting the light. I quite like the cool tones of the "blue" version and think that the warmer balance is a bit messy.
Here are two other versions, one with less blue on the rocks, the other with a warmer colour balance. I would appreciate some feedback on which works best.

Last edited:
Welcome! This is amazing, love that it is so calm.....

Tim, thanks for the explanation on the blue colour. I like all three of the images, except, I think I agree that the last one (warmer) is not a nice, aesthetically, as the first two. Frankly, I could not see much difference between the first and second one. In the end, it is you as the artist that must decide which one you like. I find I often like some of my own images better than other folks like them, but that is all right, I don't expect everyone to like all my images the same - everyone's taste is different, so it is with this image.

WesternGuy

Great first picture.
From a Lanarkshire expat in Doha.

I like the blue, but I'm wondering if you can change the yellow cast to more orange.

Most reactions

Back