new here just wanted to say hi and ask a few Questions

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by jloosier, Oct 23, 2007.

1. jloosier

jloosier TPF Noob!

I am new here and new to photograrphy I would really like to get into this as a hobby and possibly later on as something to make a little extra money when i retire.

Hi everyone i guess my first question would be what kind of equipment will i need to just get started just the basics that i could get started with but still be able to take good pictures.

I would like something that is simple to use capable of taking good pictures and not break the bank also will i need softwear for my computer and a decent printer any advise would be greately appreciated

Thanks Jeff

Hi again and nice to meet all of you

2. oldnavy170

oldnavy170 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Welcome. You have come to right place to learn!

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum.

You could learn the basics with any camera that has basic shooting modes (more that just auto). However, the more you learn and practice photography, the more you will find that you might be limited by a cheaper camera.

I would recommend an SLR type camera. They can be used very easily but they have the option for you to have full control if and when you want it. Also, the lenses are interchangeable, so rather than being stuck with the same lens all the time, you can buy better lenses when you find that you have a need for them.

Have a look at the Canon EOS Rebel XTi, the Nikon D40, the Pentax K100D and maybe the Sony A-100