New here. Looking for advice.

redpepr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I only have three pictures that I think are worth posting. So I'll give it a shot and see what you all think.

Any advice is appreciated.

3171723383_42550b19c5_b.jpg

3172553462_45f935589e_b.jpg

3172552722_68e5c37de5_b.jpg

I am totally new to all this, so I don't have much advice to offer.. Other then on number 1, I would've liked to see more of the circle. Don't cut it off next time. :]

Good photos though. I like the second one. But it looks like you cut off the 2nd tree, too.

Let's focus a bit. There is a lot going on in these photographs. Some good, some needing improvement. You guide us. What are you looking for on a more specific level.

You see, when you say you are new we should focus on certain things first. Let's say composition, or exposure, or aperture setting, just to name a few.

They are good, don't get me wrong. It's just that we should focus on certain aspects instead of a blanket statement like this because you are new.

While there are no rules (even when they are called rules) in photography, there are really good guidelines.

Also, you need to include shooting specifications for each photograph. Like, camera body and lens used, shutter speed, ISO, etc.

So, with this said, I'm going to leave number 1 alone for now. Number two is over exposed. It's just too bright. Number 3 is under exposed. I like the contrast, but too much detail is lost in the shawdows.

-Nick

I like 2 and 3 but I agree. 2 is to bright and 3 is to dark. Other than that great pictures....keep shooting away.

On #2, getting the little building in the deep shadows without blowing out the sky and the rest of the shot in bright sunlight is probably beyond the capabilities of the camera. To get such a shot, you would have to use a split neutral density filter or some other 'trick'. - TF

I liked the last 2. The first one is not lighted very good (to my opinion). If you want to learn more about lighting you can check out the conversation in the forum. You can also check my photography lights blog.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back