New Here..looking for feedback :-D

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Jtsgal829, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Jtsgal829

Jtsgal829 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi all..
    I've been taking pictures (mostly with film) for the past 10-12 years... and i love that i've discovered this site... I was hoping for some feedback on my pictures as i'm looking to get more into photography now...also looking to upgrade to digital!!
    These are just random shots that i have scanned to my computer from over the years...(note.. some of the lines and dust on the pics are from my scanner not the original photo) some of these pics are 5 years old.. but i don't have too many on the computer now!! thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chrisburke

chrisburke TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i really like 1, 2 and 5 only thing different i'd do with 5 is, i would have stood in the middle of the walk way... the others just kinda seem like snap shots to me.

3. Jtsgal829

Jtsgal829 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks!!! i appreciate it :-D

4. Harmony

Harmony TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    From the 'cuteness' standpoint, 4 takes the cake, but I feel that it's slightly underexposed and the cat isn't in focus.

5 is good, and I like the fact that the tree on the right is (almost) fully in the frame. But I can't help but feel that the horizon is just slightly tilted, higher on the right.

As for their 'snapshoty-ness'... I'm not getting that feeling. Yes, 6 is not in focus, but I know (from experience) that anything involving cats (4,6) or babies (1,2) is definitely on the fly. So yes, they are snapshots. But then you'd have to classify street photography as snapshots too...

So anyways. My two cents. (by the way, very cute kid in 1)

5. momofthing1and2

momofthing1and2 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love 1 and 2. I am more of a cute kid photography myself :wink:
    They are adorable! Good job!

6. Jtsgal829

Jtsgal829 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thank you.. that's my nephew and neice.. they are twins and have been the subject of MANY of my picutres... They make taking good pictures easy i think cause everything they do is so cute that weather the shot is perfect or not i still wind up loving it :-D