New here, need some help.

DCFLA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone, im Dylan.
I have a Nikon D50 camera, with the normal zoom lens it came with.
I used to take alot of skateboarding pictures until I recently stopped, but i would really like to get more into photography.
Its just all so confusing to me.
I also have bought a Sigma 15mm F2.8 FISHEYE lens, which i love.
have looked online to see what settings to set my camera to to get the best photos, but i really dont get much of it.
And i accidently hit the format button which deleted all 450 of my moms photos which i dont think i can get back.

But anyways i would really appreciate any tips or pointers anyone on here can give me!! and maybe settings for my camera. and maybe any photo editing software i can download online, free maybe? :)

Thanks everyone please help!!

Last edited:
If you haven't written on the card, and it was only a quick format, the images are recoverable. You'll need to search online for data recovery software. Start with the card manufacturer's website.

Put your camera on shutter priority and put it as high as it can go without saying 'Lo' or 'Low' on one of the settings. This should work for action shots. Youre asking entirely too broad of questions, I think.

Mark

Put your camera on shutter priority and put it as high as it can go without saying 'Lo' or 'Low' on one of the settings. This should work for action shots. Youre asking entirely too broad of questions, I think.

Mark

yes i know sorry, usually im just taking photos around the house, close ups of my dog and stuff. but i mean i have absolutely no clue how to set this up.. like all of the features on the dial on top and how you can do it manually.. and shutter speeds and amount of flash and what not. because i also am taking action shots

Hello everyone, im Dylan.
I have a Nikon D50 camera, with the normal zoom lens it came with.
I used to take alot of skateboarding pictures until I recently stopped, but i would really like to get more into photography.
Its just all so confusing to me.
I also have bought a Sigma 15mm F2.8 FISHEYE lens, which i love.
have looked online to see what settings to set my camera to to get the best photos, but i really dont get much of it.
And i accidently hit the format button which deleted all 450 of my moms photos which i dont think i can get back.

But anyways i would really appreciate any tips or pointers anyone on here can give me!! and maybe settings for my camera. and maybe any photo editing software i can download online, free maybe? :)

Thanks everyone please help!!

My name is also Dylan! Yay party... Gimp is the best free editing software I know of.

Most reactions

Back