New Here! Nikon D40

Myaem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I just bought the Nikon D40 i've been dreaming about for the last year! Yay! I had a sony cybershot point-and-shoot before this and it took pretty decent everyday pictures. I just wanted something with a little more umph... if you know what I mean. I love taking pictures and I have an entire external hard drive dedicated to just pictures. It's shocking it took me this long to get my D40.

In fact, it may have too much umph for me considering I mostly take pictures of my boyfriend's beautiful 2yr old daughter and my cats :mrgreen:

Oh and at the same time, i'm trying to teach myself Photoshop CS3 :confused:

After exploring some of the topics on this boards, I am getting really inspired to take pictures of so many other things! Maybe then my boyfriend will stop making comments under his breath about the $500 camera that takes 500 pictures of the same cat sleeping :lol:
...(whatever, its totally worth it)

I hope to get some help and some great photograpghy tips along the way, while trying to figure out my new camera.

~Denise

Hi all,

I just bought the Nikon D40 i've been dreaming about for the last year! Yay! I had a sony cybershot point-and-shoot before this and it took pretty decent everyday pictures. I just wanted something with a little more umph... if you know what I mean. I love taking pictures and I have an entire external hard drive dedicated to just pictures. It's shocking it took me this long to get my D40.

In fact, it may have too much umph for me considering I mostly take pictures of my boyfriend's beautiful 2yr old daughter and my cats :mrgreen:

Oh and at the same time, i'm trying to teach myself Photoshop CS3 :confused:

After exploring some of the topics on this boards, I am getting really inspired to take pictures of so many other things! Maybe then my boyfriend will stop making comments under his breath about the $500 camera that takes 500 pictures of the same cat sleeping :lol:
...(whatever, its totally worth it)

I hope to get some help and some great photograpghy tips along the way, while trying to figure out my new camera.

~Denise

Hello Denise and welcome to the forum. :mrgreen:

Maybe then my boyfriend will stop making comments under his breath about the $500 camera that takes 500 pictures of the same cat sleeping

sounds like my house... only girlfriend and dog...

You sound like me and my dog ;)

That's pretty much all I took pictures of when I first bought my D40. I was thinking less about photography then and more about just getting some good puppy pictures.

I've since developed a hobby out of photography, and I've decided that I need to start doing more careful composition and composure instead of just shooting a hundred frames and hoping for a few good ones out of it. Careful, with digital, it can be temping to shoot continuously and frivolously.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back