New here, relatively new to photography (X-post)

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by MurWin, Aug 23, 2007.

1. MurWin

MurWin TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    (I posted this on the Beginners' Board, but I'm thinking maybe I belong here instead? You tell me! HAHA)

Hi all! A friend of mine sent me a link here, so I joined and look forward to posting with you all. I am relatively new to photography -- I've had a Nikon D70s for about a year, but it took me a few months to shoot in all manual... I'm mainly photographing my two daughters, but occasionally will photograph someone for a special occasion. I am not looking to go pro now... I may change my mind someday if I actually get good enough to do so. I can't stand it when someone gets an SLR and immediately decides they're going to become a 'professional.' Anyway...

Here are a few photos I've taken recently that I'm proud of. I'm mostly using natural light, and my house is situated with mostly north/south facing windows, but I do have a few good lighting spots and I use them often.

Thanks for looking!

(The "SFS" stands for snippets from suburbia, my family website/photoblog name...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay, I'll stop now!

2. Chas

Chas TPF Noob!

You appear to have a highly developed visual sense. Either that, or you have been extremely lucky in pulling off the above photographs. I strongly suspect it is the former.

Nice work. I can only hope to compete when I get my hands on the newly announced dSLR I just ordered ....... Where abouts in CA is that anyway (the nicely angled palms)?

3. MurWin

MurWin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Chas -- I'm in a city called Redlands -- about an hour east of LA and an hour west of Palm Springs :) I took that just a couple of miles from my house.

Thanks for your comments -- it always helps to have someone else give you a 'pat on the back' of sorts. Sometimes I spend too many hours on Flickr and get depressed because then I feel like my photography is crap. HAHA

4. neea

neea TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 is my favorite!

All are very very good.
    Keep up the good work and keep posting