New here, see some of my work

I like the first ine the best "bowl". The rest are pretty flat to me, not discourage you at all. I am not sure on your style, but i thing a little more focus (only my opinion) or vibrant colors.

cheers.
J.

My heart only feel a little bit ;). I actually appreciate all criticism, as long as it isn't meant to hurt. I notice the flatness in my photos too.

--cich

Cich, don't let any critisism discourage you! Ever! Not even if it feels like "flak" to you (I've read your own comment in your deviantart-site...). Whenever you go into public with any work of art, you must get prepared for getting shredded to bits, I fear. For art is very individual, and some like this best and other that.

I, for example, found that your "Pine Branch" could have been one of my pictures from two years ago when no bush in our garden could start producing buds without my taking its picture. Then I began to think: hang on: all your pictures begin to look the same... but I still love nature photography, I just can't help it.

And I liked your "Strength and Integrity", and would have liked it even better if the chain had gone exactly diagonally through the photo with NO other background to be seen but the water. But that's just me... (like I said: such "critisism" is per part also highly individual).

Yeah I know exactally what you mean... EVERYONE will always want something different that what is shown to them. I'm just hoping :( ~15 years of photography is starting to pay off (started "taking pictures" at the age of 5, I'm almost 20 now).

Of course all the lay-people love my work and would love all of everyone's here, but I don't take their comments TOO seriously.

(appologies for the gloomy journal entry :wink: )
--cich

art is a form of expression, sure not everyone will like everything about a photo ... but you can get pretty dam close :D .. keep learning, keep growing

Hi, nice photos you got going on there. I'm by no means good enough myself to provide critique yet. I do find many of your photo's very visually pleasing and interesting though. Keep being creative. That's the one thing no one can take away from you. :)

Most reactions

Back