New Here. What do you think?

carsunltd32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I just joined the forum and I am a beginner when it comes to taking pics but I'm really into cars and I always love night shots and decided to tackle those first. I have a Olympus E-300 EVOLT. I haven't photoshopped any of these pics and was hoping you guys could tell me what you think, tell me things I could change and all that.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

P3246236.jpg

P3246254.jpg

P3246248.jpg

P3246266.jpg

Jay

Good shots. All I could suggest is perhaps some cropping. Maybe get rid of the empty spaces and fill the frame with the subjects(s). Everybody sees photos differently, so this could be just me getting this, but the lamp post in the first one is a bit crooked and caused an immediate distraction for me. Now, as I said, everyone sees a picture differently. That is just my opinion which doesn't mean it's the right one. Otherwise, very cool shots.

I think they are good, just need cropping. The first one would be a lot better without the lightpost.

The first and last are my favorite. For the first one I would just heal/clone out the lamp post. The last one just crop. Definite desktop material to me then.

The third photo seems to have some sharpness issues. It seems as if the speed limit sign in very crisp, and a section of the concrete to the left of the car where the paint, but there is some loss of definition on the lines of the vehicle to my eye.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. When I have a chance Ill photoshop the light out of the first one.
I would blur the plate out but its on so many forums it wouldnt make a difference, its also in shows all over the east coast so everyone see it.

Thanks guys, keep the comments coming!
Jay

Whatre the settings used here? I dunno, the colors are kinda - not working for me.

The blocking in the sky is just too distracting for me in them sky shots.

But then - we all gotta start somewhere.

Never heard of the EVOLT.

Yea definatley block your liscense plate, if you sell them as prints nobody wants to see it on there wall so just take like a black piece of semi-gloss paper over it when you photograph, just don't forget to take it off lol. That would solve the show problem too. On #3, cut out the overpass from the bottom right corner, makes it look more professional rather than a passing shot. Can't wait to see #1 without the light-post.

Hey guys I just photoshopped the first picture. Which do you guys like better?

R34sun.jpg

R34sun1.jpg

Jay

Love the car, you're definitely on to something here.

They all seem a little soft though. Are you using a tripod?

Love the car, you're definitely on to something here.

They all seem a little soft though. Are you using a tripod?

Yea I used a tripod but I dont have photoshop but Im in a photoshop class in school so I saved it to photobucket so I think it takes away from the quality a bit. Also it was a little windy so it could have been that.
Jay

Gotta watch with Photoshop...if yousharpen to much it can actually look grainy.

I liked it the way it was as it looked sharper than the second image. A recommendation would be to bring out the car more...Think of it like an advertisement for your car.

If printed it probably wouldn't be noticed honestly...Second one at first glance does look better but if you look real close is where I noticed...

I could also be crazy.

Reall cool car though.

You took out the lamppost, but you forgot the reflection from the light on your car. The hole in the clouds wouldn't be noticed if you didn't know there used to be a lamppost there, but the reflection on the car gives it away.

Look a ton better, though.

If you really want to go all out, take the light post's reflection off the car window as well as smoothening out the wing where the post was... otherwise good though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back