New here with first photo...

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Deanuk, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Deanuk

Deanuk TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    My name is Dean I am 20 today and got my first camera, A sony a200 and wanted to join some forums to see what I could do... here is my first attempt tell me what you guys think please.

[​IMG]

2. RyanMillerPhoto

RyanMillerPhoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hi Deanuk,

I can see your attempt here. Lots of potential with this shot. I have to ask a question. Did you snap this while the car was moving? A basic rule, unless you have TONS of light to work with and a very fast shutter speed, never throw away a potentially awesome shot by not taking the time to get out of the car, and find a way to keep the camera from moving. Maybe rest the camera on the hood of the car or the like.

I know this is your first camera, just some quick advise.. try to take the time to take the shot rather than just taking it "now". Peace!

3. Deanuk

Deanuk TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I couldn't get out of the car I was, on the motorway and there was now hardshoulder to pull up on, if you see on the bottom of the photo.

4. ChickenFriedRyce

ChickenFriedRyce TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The vignette is kind of overkill for the image. But it was a good attempt!

I have the same camera and I'll say good choice!
    If you don't know a lot about photography, keep the camera in Auto mode and pay attention to the settings it chooses. Alway splay around with your camera. You'll learn a lot about how it functions and handles.