New Here... You guessed it! C&C!

Luxaltor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a filmmaker who picked up my dad's DSLR a month ago and found out I like taking pictures. So here are some of my favorites that I've shot since then. All of these pictures were taken around my house (I need to bring the camera out with me sometime). And be as harsh as you want for critiques, I can take it! :D

#1 - A Subtle Promise
Sunrise from my deck before driving to school.
Shutter: 1/90
F-Stop: f/5.6
Focal Length: 55mm
ISO: 400

Subtle_Promise_by_Luxaltor.jpg

#2 - They Looked Like Giants
Picture I took going down my driveway. I decided to go with my mom on her daily walk to see if I could get some pictures. (My driveway is 1200 feet long, by the way :x )
Shutter Speed: 1/60 second
F Number: F/5.6
Focal Length: 55 mm
ISO Speed: 800

They_Looked_Like_Giants_by_Luxaltor.jpg

#3 - Exodus of a Storm
First snow of the season. This breath taking view is about 20 seconds from my front door. This is an HDR photograph. I took it at different f-stops (this was before I found out your supposed to change shutter speed, not aperture) and that is why I think the clouds look so weird around the edges. It is still my favorite picture I have taken so far though.
Exodus_of_a_Storm_by_Luxaltor.jpg

#4 - Star Study: Six
One night I decided I wanted to take pictures of stars, so I grabbed a chair, blanket, and my iPod and sat out in about 30 degrees to take some snap shots. This exposure was for five minutes and it is the camera pointing straight up. That is a tree in the corner, I had it there to make things more interesting. I don't have a remote, so I got to hold the shutter down for five minutes :( and then wait for six for the camera to process it!
Shutter Speed: 301/1 second
F Number: F/4.5
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 800

November_Lights_6_by_Luxaltor.jpg

First one is a bit under exposed to include the trees, if the sky was your focus you should have filled the frame with it.

#2 looks like just a snapshot, nothing wrong with it but nothing too special.

I like #3, the trees look almost painted.

I also like #4, kinda makes me motion sick... :D

Most reactions

Back