New here

sirclamalot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey everyone, new to the forum. been taking pictures for about a year now and i wanta see what people think of them.

2729974939_7166161b6e.jpg

2730803956_364a55fb30.jpg

2443891295_ea882fa15b.jpg

2451072208_5be615c232.jpg

1400397658_b41fbc69f0.jpg

2376730548_6639f16398.jpg

thanks!

hey welcome to TPF,

Im also a noob so take what i say w/ a grain of salt ;)

first, it could just be this p.o.s. moniter i have at work but all the pic's (except for the b&w one) look a lil over saturated to me.

REALLY like the composition in #1 but the orange cone comming down from the top irks me.

But overall GJ

noob or no noob ill take any feedback that i can get.

yeah i like to raise the contrast a bit on my pictures. i just like feel of crisp bright colors in my pictures. im not sure maybe your monitor could be making it even more saturated

haha on number 1 i actually like the orange part over the moutains. it was a sunset in alaska.

thanks for the input.

yea, i like the orange just above the mountain, just not the dull orange cone comming down from the very top

Nice images. Not overly exciting but nice. I agree the orange cone of doom is a little distracting or weird or something.

I like the colors on those exhaust pipes.

Welcome to the forum!

any tips on how i can my pictures overly exciting??

Explosions, fire and zombies. Particularly zombies. :) j/k

Honestly, that's a question only years and years of experience can teach you. Someone asked about this earlier today on the forums in one way or another- don't recall the thread, but basically it's all about taking tons of pictures of your own and finding out what works and what doesn't, as well as just looking at as many pictures as you can, and learning from them.

I spent a good hour yesterday afternoon in a dentist's office (after my appointment) pouring over some photography books that they had there. Studying the images, trying to understand why they hit me or why they didn't, etc. I also am constantly looking at pictures up here on this forum to try to learn things.

I wish I could give you an easier or faster formula, but I can't. :(

Something else to keep in mind, btw... there isn't a "right way" to do this. For every picture, some percentage of people will love it, and some will hate it. One of my absolute favorite pictures that I have taken, that a great many people really like and admire... is the subject of absolute hatred from my wife. She despises it. <shrug>

If it works for you and you're happy with it, then so be it. :)

I get what you're saying. But then no one picture will be better than another. i know clearly that some pictures look better than others, but what makes it better? better exposure, better composition? i guess if the person who took it is happy with it then other peoples' opinions shouldn't matter then.

I get what you're saying. But then no one picture will be better than another. i know clearly that some pictures look better than others, but what makes it better? better exposure, better composition? i guess if the person who took it is happy with it then other peoples' opinions shouldn't matter then.

Well, at the end of the day, I suppose it depends on your purpose.

If your purpose is to accurately capture a scene, then sure... one picture can be "better" than another. It can be exposed better, have sharper focus, be from the correct angle to get the key components, etc.

If your purpose is art, then no... one picture really cannot be "better" than another. It can certainly please one person more than another, but it cannot really be better.

There was a recent thread on here where someone on the forums posted a series of pictures of filling a toolbox with a garden hose. Frankly, I thought the pictures were not only totally uninteresting, but poorly composed and exposed as well... and yet, some people on these forums loved them. I was baffled. This has to be the most extreme example of what I'm talking about, but there you have it... something I would have instantly tossed in the trash, someone else was ready to print and frame for a gallery.

It's admittedly tough to grapple with... it has taken me years to go from "I NEED TO MAKE MY PICTURES GOOD!" to "Oh, hm... I guess I should do my best to make my pictures make me happy and hope that maybe someone else will enjoy them as well."

(and I'm not fully there yet myself, but I'm pretty sure it's where most people need to get, so I'm working on it.) :)

Most reactions

Back