New ideas for post work

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by bantor, Oct 8, 2006.

1. bantor

bantor TPF Noob!

hello. A few weeks back i had a photo shoot with a model. All went well in the shoot and i got a whole bunch of really good shots. The problem i have run into now is in post proccessing. I am tired of the same old things i do to pictures. I play with the levels a bit, play with the curves a bit, maybe see how it looks in black and white. and that is about it.

what i was wondering is what other types of interesting post work things you all do to spruce up you portraits.

thanks for your time.

2. Remi M.

Remi M. TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I don't do too many portraits. But there is something I have started doing lately to my shots. I have been adding color back in after converting to black and white. First method I tried is Duotone, Tritone and Quadtone. The latest method that I like is using a gradiant map layer and replacing black and white ends of the gradiant spectrum with different colors. I was suprised by how much you can adjust the amount of detail by changing the balance point between the two colors.

I too am interested in other post processing techniques.

3. Aquarium Dreams

Aquarium Dreams TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd resurrect this one. Does anyone know of a good site with instructions/ideas for different post processing work? I've played around with a few different things, but I'm basically just looking for a standard process to make color images pop without looking unnatural.