New ideas for post work

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
hello. A few weeks back i had a photo shoot with a model. All went well in the shoot and i got a whole bunch of really good shots. The problem i have run into now is in post proccessing. I am tired of the same old things i do to pictures. I play with the levels a bit, play with the curves a bit, maybe see how it looks in black and white. and that is about it.

what i was wondering is what other types of interesting post work things you all do to spruce up you portraits.

thanks for your time.

I don't do too many portraits. But there is something I have started doing lately to my shots. I have been adding color back in after converting to black and white. First method I tried is Duotone, Tritone and Quadtone. The latest method that I like is using a gradiant map layer and replacing black and white ends of the gradiant spectrum with different colors. I was suprised by how much you can adjust the amount of detail by changing the balance point between the two colors.

I too am interested in other post processing techniques.

Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd resurrect this one. Does anyone know of a good site with instructions/ideas for different post processing work? I've played around with a few different things, but I'm basically just looking for a standard process to make color images pop without looking unnatural.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back