New- Industrial Weir Thing

RikC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I'm new, you can read my intro here: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=593894#post593894

Today me and my friend went out taking some pics by an old lodge near my house, with his Nikon D50.

Here is one of the pics I took, what do you guys think?
weir.jpg

I love it! Great shot. At first I wasn't sure if I liked how dark the photo is, but it adds an element that the viewer is in the forest with lots of trees overhead blocking the light.
Great shot of the water.

Thanks, I only noticed the water droplets when the image was shown at full size, they're really annoying!

hey welcome to the forum

great shot, love the dark feel to this shot

Funny thing is I had to have a large exposure, and even lighten the pic up on PS, the day was that dull. Any tips on not getting droplets on the picture?

Here are another two I took at the same time.
stream_bw.jpg

Was going for a surreal/dark/narnia-esque look fo this shot.

tyre.jpg

Just saw the tire lying there and thought it would make a good shot!

Lucky you to be having such a dull day you could ever so easily expose for that long.
Of the first b+w pic: I find that pretty light and bright... where is the dark or "narnia" look? I think you need to play with highlights/shadows a little more (maybe?).

I think for me it is the lightness of it that conjurs up that image for me; of a world frozen in time of winter with light bouncing off frost and snow. I suppose different things, both photos and imagined lands, can mean differnet things for differnet people.

the first one is great! I love the soft look of it (maybe it was created by a slight blur, or camera movement, or maybe by a mist over there) but it looks amazingly!

That first one is awesome. The lighting makes the viewer seem like he is there and experiencing it. Great shot.

nice shot. The water is a little gray in the first pic however.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back