New kid on the block from BC, Canada

Marea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

Wow - where to start?

So much pressure! The ever looming 'intro thread'...everyone knows you never get the second chance to make a first impression. So I'll be careful with over use of emoticons ;) and try not to type colloquially.

I've always loved the art of photography (both as a spectator and participant) from as far back as I can remember. I started snapping pictures before I even realized this was a hobby, profession, passion, obsession for some people. I love reading on the subject, admiring other's work and just being 'out there' taking shots on any given day of pretty much anything.

So why am I here? Well for starters - I get to pick the knowledgeable brains of fellow photography lovers and can gain inspiration, tips, tricks and hopefully have some laughs along the way.

I'm really trying to improve my craft and have decided to up the ante on my 'hobby' and try to actually become somewhat good at it. I figure if you love something enough you can learn to improve and maybe even one day excel.

I fear (rather sadly) that I'm not one of those people that picks up a camera and without trying makes magic just happen...I wasn't gifted with a good 'eye', my technical knowledge both of taking shots and the post production is sound but my composition is lacking and thus will be seeking most of my advice in this area.

My subjects range from the outdoors to shots of friends and loved ones. I'd like to dabble in macro photography more and learn the art of shooting sports photography (I'm a huge hockey fan) and also improve my love of shooting architecture. Hell - I'd like to learn a little about everything!

A recent new discovery is HDR - I can't wait to pick the brains of people about that one and even have some debates with the purists ;) as to whether or not it should even be considered 'photography'.

So - I've a lot to learn, plenty of opinions to share and a fun, outgoing personality that I like to use to pepper my posts with.

I honestly look forward to being a long term poster and part of this community.

Warm regards,

Marea (it means ocean tides in Italian)

Last edited:
Hello Marea, welcome aboard. BTW, 'marea' also means 'the sea' in Romanian. ;)

Hello Marea (very pretty!) and welcome. I'd LOVE to see your photos :D Do you take many nature shots? B.C is a very beautiful place, I've heard!

Hello Marea and Welcome to the forum.
Thank you for your welcome.

Welcome aboard Marea.
Cheers!

Hello Marea, welcome aboard. BTW, 'marea' also means 'the sea' in Romanian. ;)
I did not know that, pretty cool! I'm guessing you're Romanian to know that... Thank you for your welcome.

Hello Marea (very pretty!) and welcome. I'd LOVE to see your photos :D Do you take many nature shots? B.C is a very beautiful place, I've heard!
I do take mostly nature shots actually and yes BC is gorgeous~ lot's of photo ops here. Thanks a bunch for your warm welcome.

Most reactions

Back