new lens (12 pics)

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
pick it up today! and just as I got on the highway I found a use for it... Started this at about 3 PM today, froze my a** off, so windy and cold today! The lens was getting pushed around by the wind, and my hands were shaking with cold!

here is Camtech's ebay site.. Roger, the owner is an excellent guy.
http://stores.ebay.ca/Camtech-Photographic-Services-Ltd

The hawk roamed around, change its position about 20 times, in the hour I spent chasing it.. I noticed it seemed very comfortable with me around, and never really was spooked away.

here we go...

DSC_22490155websize.jpg

DSC_22610156websize.jpg

DSC_22650157websize.jpg

DSC_23230158websize.jpg

DSC_23260159websize.jpg

DSC_23330160websize.jpg

DSC_23440162websize.jpg

DSC_23430161websize.jpg

DSC_23450163websize.jpg

DSC_23560164websize.jpg

DSC_23830165websize.jpg

DSC_23980166websize.jpg

The last shot, I was about 25 feet from it, @ 400mm.. it was sweet to see this beauty so close.

o ya, the lens is a 80-400 Nikon VR (vibration reduction) and I am very happy with it so far! can't wait for some sunlight!

Great in flight shots, #8 is my favorite.
From the ruffled feathers, looks like he was freezing his tail also. :(

when ever i see your post i cant wait to see some more fantastic bird of prey pics! great job, i really like the last one, the image is so sharp, i would like to see some more space in front of the direction they are flying i IMO it adds to the fact that they are free and have lots of space. looking forward to seeing some more!

Gorgeous shots Raymond! looks a suhweet lens.. enjoy it! :D

Awesome as always Ray. Man.. you get some great bird shots. Holy schmokes.

it's a beautiful hawk, the wind really has his feathers ruffled. That's great that he allowed you so close! Beautiful captures as usual... ;) I love the in-flight shots.

the flight shots are just awe inspiring... unbelievable...but the one where it looks like your right up under him...? i think #6...man...were you being dr doolittle? did you talk to him??? sheeze raymond...gonna name you hawk whisperer......sheezee.......your just too dang good with the birds of prey shots..you really are....

great ones!

Thanks everyone! I keep hoping for some sun, but another dull rainy day here... April.. I am just lucky sometimes, and I did talk to it, and it did respond too! I kept asking it to fly, coz my arms were sore holding up that heavy lens, and my hands were getting numb!

Thanks so much for your comments!

thanks folks, appreciate your comments! Airic.. I held that lens up for 5 minutes a few times to try to catch a take off shot.. It just gets to heavy! I have a new Monopod, a customer gave me, and I am sure it will come in handy if I can remember to carry it around with me.

Most reactions

Back