New lens 200-500 f2.8

I dont know what I think is going to be more expensive. The cost of the lens or the cost of the chiropratic bills from carrying that thing around... GEEZ!

LMAO... I can see that on my trips to smaller airports... Hello Delta? Can you have another regional jet follow us with ma lens? :lol:

Looks like a regular lens got a massive tumor. That things has to weight a ton.
00176_sigma_200_500_mm.jpg

So, I know there are some nice tripods out there... any rated to hold a Mini Cooper or equivalent?

Also: Good luck buying a filter for it.

So, I know there are some nice tripods out there... any rated to hold a Mini Cooper or equivalent?

Also: Good luck buying a filter for it.

Filters don't go on the end, you place them in the lens, closer to the camera... or something like that.

Looks like a regular lens got a massive tumor. That things has to weight a ton.
00176_sigma_200_500_mm.jpg
Wow. There is actually a camera attached to the lens. I wonder how it would look mounted on my D40. OK, let me rephrase that. I wonder how my D40 would look mounted on the lens. Not bad, I guess, provided you can see the camera.

Does it come with wheels and a horn? Windshield wipers are a must!

I just noticed there are bayonet ringlets for a hood! That must be a huge hood seeing how Canon sells a $500 hood that is as long as the lens intself for a 500mm L something.

well i guess it can't be that heavy... either that or this guy is a tank. It also has an LCD panel for viewing the shooting distance and the focal length.

00176_sigma_lens_500mm.jpg

I'm going to bet he didn't stand there and hold it for long.

Man, I saw a pic of it on another site, but a person wasnt holding it... wow! thats a monster!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back