New lens, and a few new shots.

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Actually only one of these shots was with the new lens :p I bought the Tamron 17-35 F/2.8-4 wide angle lens, for use with my Digital Rebel. I like it. It's a much much better build than the kit lens, and it's sharper, from what I've seen so far. I'll have to do some comparison tests. Anway, I also bought a canon remote switch, so I decided to get some wildlife shots with my Sigma 70-300.

1st shot, with the wide angle:

niche.jpg

With the Sigma 70-300mm:
bird_on_a_branch.jpg

I believe that is a green heron.

dragonfly_leaf.jpg

damselfly.jpg

All very nice, but #1 is fantastic! Love the textures and the colors.

Nicely done!
Sharp, clear and good colors!

Love the heron and the dragon fly ones, very sharp indeed.

I also love the colors on the first one, but reckon the composition could be improved.

Really really nice all of them though, im seriously thinking about getting the Digitial rebel now, the results look fab! :D :D

Thanks everyone :) Pretty sharp for a $150 Sigma lens eh? Maybe someday I'll be able to afford the Canon 300mm L.

doodlebug, what don't you like about the composition of #1? I carefully composed that one, and I felt it was pretty good.

Digital Matt said:
Thanks everyone :) Pretty sharp for a $150 Sigma lens eh? Maybe someday I'll be able to afford the Canon 300mm L.

doodlebug, what don't you like about the composition of #1? I carefully composed that one, and I felt it was pretty good.

I love the bottom part of the image, the reflection in the water is ace, but i find some of the foliage which is coming down the frame slightly distracting. Nothing that could be done about it i suspect though, short of cutting a tree down!! :D :D

doodlebug said:
I love the bottom part of the image, the reflection in the water is ace, but i find some of the foliage which is coming down the frame slightly distracting. Nothing that could be done about it i suspect though, short of cutting a tree down!! :D :D

That foliage is my favorite part. That's what drew me to the photo :)

mavrik: I was shooting all those dragonfly macros (I took probably 60 shots of them), and all the while, that heron was sitting on that branch watching me, and I didn't see it :p I looked up and was like "Oh my god!". Glad I saw it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back